Road safety first or last?

Why this years in most country nobody cut trees branches around traffic light,sign?Why nobody wash road sight.Most reflective line in road sign ready become green from white??

I agree.
We are held to a very high standard & frequently punished for our errors, misdemeanors, etc. always citing safety as a reason for our punishment.
The same should apply to those who are responsible for failing to make sure the things you mention are kept in good order for safety reasons.

lots of roadside borders are being left to aid nature , hedges , etc , nature needs our help so we should applaud it , not criticise this decision .

I drive buses. Some of our routes go into rural areas. Lots of our buses lose mirrors or get shattered windows due to overhanging branches and vegetation.
It’s annoying when the vegetation grows over road signs, including important warning signs, particularly for people who are not familiar with the area.
No one seems to give a toss anymore, so incidents will continue to happen.
Nothing in this country gets fixed quickly, if at all.
Absolute joke.

RogerOut:
I drive buses. Some of our routes go into rural areas. Lots of our buses lose mirrors or get shattered windows due to overhanging branches and vegetation.
It’s annoying when the vegetation grows over road signs, including important warning signs, particularly for people who are not familiar with the area.
No one seems to give a toss anymore, so incidents will continue to happen.
Nothing in this country gets fixed quickly, if at all.
Absolute joke.

I couldn’t agree more, on our rural rounds some of the county lanes are so overgrown you drive down them with both mirrors buried in the headges, the farmers cut them but they only cut to the height of a car which doesn’t help us, broken mirrors and backs (covers) are a common sight in the yard.

Near Where I live there’s a roundabout can’t see a thing that’s approaching from the right . Due to bushes and tress etc. Yet still get idiot drives speeding onto the roundabout there’s usually about one accident a month suprised there not more.
Plus it’s badly signposted and the arrow blue left signs are hidden behind tress.
If your a stranger to the area is easy to miss.
Been like this for 10 years maybe.
The tress need cutting and better singage. I once emailed the highways saying it’s dangerous. Got a reply back saying we’re send someone round to investigate.

Why do they cut the grass several meters back on straight roads where there is no daner to motorists?

dozy:
lots of roadside borders are being left to aid nature , hedges , etc , nature needs our help so we should applaud it , not criticise this decision .

For most of this year the main road near my house, en route to the pub hasnt been cut back, the hedge overhangs the footpath, the verges are really overgrown, which means I have to ride my mobility scooter up a dual carriageway for about 700 metres. I have discovered it is safer to aim it at oncoming traffic rather than wait for the inevitable 2hat to run up my arse.

Meanwhile the birds and voles are nesting happily. :stuck_out_tongue:

dozy:

Destroy green fields and woodland with high density housing estates where no one wants to live and deliberately remove vision from roads and roundabouts to slow down traffic is actually what that means.

As a council plant haulage driver one of my jobs was to move tractors fitted with hedge cutting equipment wherever needed around the county for that job.No such job for the driver and the tractor tractor driver now under the rip off contracted out basket case that our councils have been turned into.
It’s just a way for the government to take council tax and provide as little services for it in return and slowing down the road system to disincentivise road use.

Carryfast:

dozy:

Destroy green fields and woodland with high density housing estates where no one wants to live and deliberately remove vision from roads and roundabouts to slow down traffic is actually what that means.

As a council plant haulage driver one of my jobs was to move tractors fitted with hedge cutting equipment wherever needed around the county for that job.No such job for the driver and the tractor tractor drbiver now under the rip off contracted out basket case that our councils have been turned into.
It’s just a way for the government to take council tax and provide as little services for it in return and slowing down the road system to disincentivise road use.

Wow, a rant without mention of either communist fordist chinist sleepercellz, or drivers being made to handball 20 hours in the warehouse …

D.Thompson:
Why do they cut the grass several meters back on straight roads where there is no daner to motorists?

Two reasons. It makes it easier for the litter pickers to find all the ■■■■ bottles and other detritus which lazy dirty drivers can’t be bothered to take home and dispose of responsibly; and it mitigates the possibility of grass fires caused by the same muppets chucking their cigarette ends out of the window.

I guess they need to make the white line visible on roads similar to the first picture but if they had left a strip of tarmac as in picture two when they built the roads it would not need doing as often if at all, it must cost many thousands of pounds to do this every year which could be used to fill pot holes.