road rage

itv.com/news/central/2015-01 … ing-lorry/

Two counts of bellendry there. Car driver for what he did, truck driver for needlessly aggressive lane change.

Why was that a “needlessly aggressive lane change”? It looks to me like he pulls out parallel to a joining slip road behind a much faster moving car, probably to allow an unseen vehicle to join the main carriageway. The car was in no danger whatsoever and could’ve carried on without getting the truck involved at all. The only bellend there is the one that thinks 40 tonnes can stop like small blue Citroen!

The ‘unseen’ vehicle would have suddenly appeared in the N/S lane, when the truck slowed that much.

Sorry, not buying it.

the car is actually past before he pulls out and the way he pulls out suggests to me there is a vehicle joining off the slip road which he is letting join but it still doesnt excuse what the car driver did.

Have to say…I don’t really see why the knobber in the blue citroen decided to do that tbh.

Born Idle:
Why was that a “needlessly aggressive lane change”? It looks to me like he pulls out parallel to a joining slip road behind a much faster moving car, probably to allow an unseen vehicle to join the main carriageway. The car was in no danger whatsoever and could’ve carried on without getting the truck involved at all. The only bellend there is the one that thinks 40 tonnes can stop like small blue Citroen!

^^This^^

None of us know what, if anything went on before hand but that was hardly an aggressive lane change by the truck in question. We don’t know why he moved out, but we do know the car driver performed an outstandingly idiotic maneuver that is all too common these days, and for once one of them got caught out thanks to the dashcam.

Berkshireblue:
The ‘unseen’ vehicle would have suddenly appeared in the N/S lane, when the truck slowed that much.

Sorry, not buying it.

Not if he was also an HGV & was slowing because the truck was hanging back to let the car past before moving over.

Born Idle:

Berkshireblue:

Sorry, not buying it.

Not if he was also an HGV & was slowing because the truck was hanging back to let the car past before moving over.

Let’s agree to disagree!

Happy New Year!

If his dash cam is like mine then he would be a lot closer to the caravan than the footage suggests, in fact he slowed down a bit (or caravan suddenly accelerated) before he changed lanes.

scotstrucker:
…the way he pulls out suggests to me there is a vehicle joining off the slip road which he is letting join…

To me it suggests that he wanted to move into lane 2 to overtake the wobble box.

The Citroen driver didn’t react immediately to his indicator flashing and didn’t move over into lane 3 to allow the superior and far more important vehicle in, making him wait a fraction of a second instead.

Once the lorry driver was behind the Citroen, he expressed his displeasure at being made to wait/come off his limiter/maybe even brake slightly by sounding his horn/flashing his lights/making rude hand gestures and having a big red face.

In turn, the Citroen driver expressed his displeasure by making the lorry driver shart himself.

#csitrucknet

I had someone do this to me coming south out of Aberdeen. Phoned 999, and 20 mins later traffic cops had him pulled over in a layby. Must have given him a stern talking to as it was another 30 mins or so before he over took me.

Shame I didn’t have my dashcam at the time, otherwise I would have pulled in and handed them the footage.

The people that do that sort of thing really need to be off the road.

Contraflow:

scotstrucker:
…the way he pulls out suggests to me there is a vehicle joining off the slip road which he is letting join…

To me it suggests that he wanted to move into lane 2 to overtake the wobble box.

The Citroen driver didn’t react immediately to his indicator flashing and didn’t move over into lane 3 to allow the superior and far more important vehicle in, making him wait a fraction of a second instead.

Once the lorry driver was behind the Citroen, he expressed his displeasure at being made to wait/come off his limiter/maybe even brake slightly by sounding his horn/flashing his lights/making rude hand gestures and having a big red face.

In turn, the Citroen driver expressed his displeasure by making the lorry driver shart himself.

#csitrucknet

+1

rambo19:

Contraflow:

scotstrucker:

#csitrucknet

+1

whatever happened beforehand (which will have been recorded aswell and viewed by the police i would suspect) it still aint an excuse too use your car as a weapon and endangering other peoples lifes.

bobdebouwer:
I had someone do this to me coming south out of Aberdeen. Phoned 999, and 20 mins later traffic cops had him pulled over in a layby.

I think you just made that up.

Also, 999 is just for emergencies.

scotstrucker:

rambo19:

Contraflow:

scotstrucker:

#csitrucknet

+1

whatever happened beforehand (which will have been recorded aswell and viewed by the police i would suspect) it still aint an excuse too use your car as a weapon and endangering other peoples lifes.

I’m not saying anyone’s right or wrong, I’m just saying what happened. :laughing:

“He was ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work, handed a 12-month drive ban and left with a £145 bill for court costs; he must also re-take his driving test.”

Rightly so too

so the trucks doing 60mph…? ive played the vid 20 times and have yet to see the blue car “swerve”…has to be a previous interaction with citroen making the the truckie sheeat himself in the aforementioned fashion.i wouldn’t think it came out of the blue for no apparent reason.has to have been a bit of swordplay beforehand otherwise why the aggro. yet another everyday occurrence blown out of all proportion because of some fanny with a dashcam. possibly crash for cash? seems a crucifying penalty for the ■■■■ in the car though.pity the citroen didn’t have a dashcam also so we could no doubt see what led up to it in the 1st place.elephant race or whatever.

Contraflow:

bobdebouwer:
I had someone do this to me coming south out of Aberdeen. Phoned 999, and 20 mins later traffic cops had him pulled over in a layby.

I think you just made that up.

Also, 999 is just for emergencies.

So, dangerous driving isn’t an emergency then?

The full story, he was in the right hand lane coming up Wellington Road, and across then roundabout and pulled from the right hand lane into the Shell garage right in front on me. He obviously didnt appreciate me honking the horn at him, seeing as I had to throw the double decker I was drivng at the time, into the right hand lane.

Next thing I knew, he was alongside me coming past Loch Loirston. Again pulled in front of me and slammed the brakes on, not once, but twice. Hence why I dialled 999 and yes the traffic cops did pull him into a layby about 4/5 miles south of Stonehaven. Its was just after Finavon that he overtook me.

Anyone can dial 999 to report and dangerous/careless/drink driver. Just like I did on a different occasion when someone undertook me coming up to a set of lights, they pulled in about 15 foot from the lights. When I phoned to report him, I told them I had dashcam footage and was told to pull up, so that the traffic cops can see the footage. They arrived within 15 mins, watched it and then said to send them copy on a dvd-rom and they will look at charging him with dangerous driving or at the very least “they will have words the clown”. Unfortunately my dashcam recorded over that segment, since then I have bought more sd cards, so I can swap them out if something happens.

The previso for dashcam footage though is, it has to include a speed trace. It doesnt have to be accurate but it does need to show that they FORCED you to change direction or speed. The time/date stamp has to be set to the correct time/date as well.

Again, I had a guy join the A90 south at Brechin and proceeded to slow me down to 50mph. Everytime I went to overtake he would speed up so I had to pull in behind him. He did this for 15 mins. I had enough and dialled 999. Got a phone call from the local traffic cop about 30 mins later. They had caught up to him and given him a stern lecture, warned him if he was reported doing that again he will face prosecution. At the end he asked me if I was prepared to give the police a statement in the event he did it again and was being sent to court.