Road Rage; Grow Up

I think my approach to driving when it comes to road rage has probably been seriously affected by fact I started out driving buses and coaches and as a result I can’t understand why so many get so angry, to point where they’ll post angry posts on Facebook hours later, often hanging on to incidents weeks. I’ve forgotten it in a bout 10 minutes. Interested to hear your views on this. The obligatory TikTok TikTok - Make Your Day

Luke, there are people out there making a very good income ‘on the side’ from road-rage and other ‘bad driving’ vids.

One J Vine of the BBC has been taken to task for this…in some of his clips you can see how he has positioned himself and his pushbike to maximise the impact of someone else’s mistake, whereas a more grown-up person would just take suitable action to mitigate the other person’s error. After decades of motorcycling and driving, I’ve learned that we all make mistakes…and mostly we don’t even notice because other people are on the case and give us room or whatever.

I’m told things have got to the point where some insurers flag car dash cams as an extra risk factor!

It’s other people’s road rage that has a knock on effect on me.
I hate those 2hats who blast their horns continuously for the least little misdemeanor. :imp:

When I was a young fit testosterone charged lad :smiley: ,.I did get ■■■■ angry behind the wheel, with a few altercations :blush:
,Nowadays I just tut,.call them a ■■■■ under my breath, shake my head and move on.
My days of actually looking for fights are long gone,.you never know what kind of mentally unbalanced f/wit you’re dealing with, nowadays,.what they are carrying,.and wtf they are taking. :bulb:

I have a mate my age who is still on the doors,.he tells me how things have changed,.and how he is always well prepared for somebody pulling a knife. :open_mouth:

Not worth lying on the hard shoulder bleeding out because you have got mad with some ■■■■ who has cut you up I reckon.

grow up , from the man who speaks like a child ? .

I literally just called a ducking idiot by a passing motorist on an industrial estate for stopping to do a collection at the side of the road.
I don’t understand why you’d do that.

gingo:

I can’t help an accent. Thanks for your input tho, much appreciated ■■■

Should I got the keys and fulfil my assignment for Great Bear when I discourteously was shouted at “drive or go home”. That would have made me likely to engage in road rage: pettiness tuned at high sensitivity ready to make it worth an off-load of frustration, the one that would have originated by aquiescing to abuse, now finding relief abusing myself other motorists --or dumping it on anyone I stumble across on my way home, including the ones I find at home.

Road rage comes from personal frustration, it is a cry for help. You better tackle that frustration, firstly by recognising it as such, and its true source.

:angry:

switchlogic:

gingo:

the fub:
:x

switchlogic:

gingo:

Brilliant pmsl

Who the ■■■■■■■ hell do you think you are telling me what I can / can’t do , your like these ■■■■■■■ idiots these days who try & dictate what you can & can’t say
I’m to old for that crap , I’ll do what I ■■■■■■■ well like , if some idiot ■■■■■■ me off theyl soon get to know about it
Grow some ■■■■■■■ balls , you and your like wouldn’t of lasted 5 mins in the 70/80,s , ■■■■ scared of there own shadows , pitiful

dozy:
Who the [zb] hell do you think you are telling me what I can / can’t do , your like these [zb] idiots these days who try & dictate what you can & can’t say
I’m to old for that crap , I’ll do what I [zb] well like , if some idiot ■■■■■■ me off theyl soon get to know about it
Grow some [zb] balls , you and your like wouldn’t of lasted 5 mins in the 70/80,s , [zb] scared of there own shadows , pitiful

Come on now own up, who put a penny in the village idiot?

Genuinely think many trips in and out of London and other major European cities helped with my frustration levels. At the start it all fair game then after a while you realise there’s no point in getting stressed to the point of arguing or wasting effort getting angry, just shrug my shoulders, go ‘meh’ and get on with life.

I remember on the coaches we’d leave Victoria heading north at 30 minute intervals, a gang of ten coaches all racing each other, carving each other up, chopping lanes, being aggressive etc but in the end I realised that just by chilling out, not engaging in such things and just letting the crack on got us all to staples corner at about the same time anyway only I’d had much less aggro doing it

switchlogic:

dozy:
Who the [zb] hell do you think you are telling me what I can / can’t do , your like these [zb] idiots these days who try & dictate what you can & can’t say
I’m to old for that crap , I’ll do what I [zb] well like , if some idiot ■■■■■■ me off theyl soon get to know about it
Grow some [zb] balls , you and your like wouldn’t of lasted 5 mins in the 70/80,s , [zb] scared of there own shadows , pitiful

Come on now own up, who put a penny in the village idiot?

SNORT!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

…Frankly, I’m amazed that the death rate amoung professional drivers from “Stress Related” ailments - hasn’t already overtaken the “Road Accident” rate!

Who wants to do 9-5 Monday-Friday driving in places like Central London these days?

There is an upside to driving in the Big City - you can carve people up, chop and change lanes and generally drive like a dinlo - and get away with it.

Because they’ll just think your one of them.

Just the cut and thrust of traffic wars.

Socketset:
There is an upside to driving in the Big City - you can carve people up, chop and change lanes and generally drive like a dinlo - and get away with it.

Exactly why I love driving in Italy. Just point in the direction you want to go, indication optional, and go and let everyone work around you

dozy:

Coming back to this this does make me laugh considering what I’ve been through the last few years. You and your like would have been 6 feet under by now were you in my shoes so there’s that. Have a lovely evening you angry man child :wink:

I was once delivering concrete lintels to an independent builders merchant in, IIRC Bilston. Having finished I was in their car park, where they had just tipped me, rolling up my straps when a car pulled up next to me, the driver wound down his window and with a face contorted with rage said “You’re causing ■■■■■■■ chaos with that thing in here!”

He was obviously a once-a-year DIYer rather than a builder, who thought I was a customer too so I smiled sweetly at him and said, quietly and calmly “How do you think all this stuff gets here?”

Well, that shut the ■■■■ right up. :stuck_out_tongue:

switchlogic:

Socketset:

Exactly why I love driving in Italy. Just point in the direction you want to go, indication optional, and go and let everyone work around you

Yep and it works. Paris is the same. There’s none of this angry confrontation and watching in the mirrors for them to have another go because they wanted not just to be in, but to be in exactly where they want to be. Abroad I’ve noticed if they lose the space and opportunity they just leave it and go find the next space to push into.

I learnt a lot when coming out of Woodgreen in London with a DD. I had to go to the M25 as I was too high for the North Circular. As I left there was a British Gas van alongside me who roared off before slamming his brakes on at the lights. This went on for around 11 miles, it must have been verystressful for him. When we got to the M25 roundabout, I undertook him. :smiley: :smiley: