Road positioning diagrams

Hi not been here for a while thought I had got stuck in my ways until I was offered a good job with a local firm who are putting me through my class 1 next week.
I’m just looking for some diagrams of road positioning so I can prepare as much as possible. I’m sure I seen some on here a while ago but may be wrong…
Thanks in advance…

1 tip is to straddle white lines when turning left and take it slowly watching for idiots undertaking, i usually take both lanes keeps everybody safe

I can’t remember any diagrams.

It also depends on if its WnD or Artic.

WnD needs very little change in road position driving forwards.

As above poster, take up Right Side of lane or straddle lanes to turn left unless its a long sweeping bend. And keep close eye for undertakers.

Reversing can only really be taught in practice.

Coupling is easy if you follow BLANK. It will be explained in training.

Best of luck.

I’m sure ROG will be along soon to tell me he has some diagrams.

Thanks for your comments, I may have seen the diagrams somewhere else, but the thing that worries me is the company have booked me on a 3 day course with a test on the 3rd day just trying to prepared as much as I can… Any other top tips would be much appreciated …

All I know when it comes to artics is.

Take is slow and wide :slight_smile:

You have to shut the back door when turning left. Don’t just take a bit of the other lane, straddle both and let other road users know what you’re doing. If you just take a bit of the next lane the morons will still try and squeeze down the side.

There are only general bits of positioning advice which will change depending on what vehicle is being used and the situation at the time

These are best dealt with by the instructor during training

One common error is to swan neck for a tight turn when another option is available …
Imagine you are on a SC road and turning left into another SC road
One way would be to use the oppoosite side of the road you are on to get a swing into the side road but you would still need some of the opposite lane of the side road to turn in BUT what if just as you were lining up to do this a vehicle appeared at the end of the side road wanting to turn right which needs the lane you are blocking to do it !!! = you are now both stuck :open_mouth:

the other option would be to stay in your lane and go across the mouth of the junction then turn into the side road using both of the lanes in the side road - this has the advantage of you stopping before covering the outgoing lane of the side road should the same thing happen as in the first senario so therefore letting out the other vehicle blocking your entry

I have probably not explained that too well and confirms that trying to do so is a virtual waste of time … better to have it explained by your instructor at the time of being presented with such a situation