Road lords app

Been using this recently and find it OK. Buy it currently doesn’t seem to be loading maps. I’ve uninstall it it several times but no joy. Anyone else?

Reading another thread about sat navs it looks the app might be the problem.

same here. Must be a problem with servers.

Yup. Stopped working for me on Friday. I deleted and reinstalled today but no better. I sent an email to help@roadlords.com
But no reply yet, being the weekend
I’ve downloaded play.google.com/store/apps/deta … sygic.aura

Looks good, it’s picked up 3 valid routes for a proposed trip.

stu675:
Yup. Stopped working for me on Friday. I deleted and reinstalled today but no better. I sent an email to help@roadlords.com
But no reply yet, being the weekend
I’ve downloaded play.google.com/store/apps/deta … sygic.aura

Looks good, it’s picked up 3 valid routes for a proposed trip.

Followed the link, read the reviews, I’ll stick with Google Maps thank you.

It’s back online!

Get what you pay for. Don’t think I’d want to be overly reliant on an app I had to be online to use, HERE maps is always on my phone as an offline backup. Even Google Maps will cache your route so if you are out of service you can still follow it.

Conor:
Get what you pay for. Don’t think I’d want to be overly reliant on an app I had to be online to use, HERE maps is always on my phone as an offline backup. Even Google Maps will cache your route so if you are out of service you can still follow it.

Why pay for something when you can get BETTER for free?
The TomTom that I use cost about £100k (built into a free Actros) everyday it fails compared to Road Lords / Sygic (both free) running on my phone. Today TomTom wanted to add 4 miles when I was less than a mile from my destination.
I don’t think there is the perfect truck nav out there. Maybe if you spend £600. But then that makes it not perfect compared to free.

stu675:

Conor:

Why pay for something when you can get BETTER for free?
The TomTom that I use cost about £100k (built into a free Actros) everyday it fails compared to Road Lords / Sygic (both free) running on my phone. Today TomTom wanted to add 4 miles when I was less than a mile from my destination.
I don’t think there is the perfect truck nav out there. Maybe if you spend £600. But then that makes it not perfect compared to free.

Sygic isn’t free, I have the car one that I paid about £20 for a while back, I don’t findit very good. These days they want to charge a subscription. The trucking version used to be over £100, was it not?

Macski:

stu675:
The TomTom that I use cost about £100k (built into a free Actros) everyday it fails compared to Road Lords / Sygic (both free) running on my phone.

Sygic isn’t free, I have the car one that I paid about £20 for a while back, I don’t findit very good. These days they want to charge a subscription. The trucking version used to be over £100, was it not?

According to Sygic you only get the premium services (which includes truck routing) free for 14 days. Unless you buy a licence.

I’m still using the TomTom Truck 6000 that I got FOC (courtesy of an online retailer coking up the pricing) several years ago :slight_smile:

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Macski:

stu675:
The TomTom that I use cost about £100k (built into a free Actros) everyday it fails compared to Road Lords / Sygic (both free) running on my phone.

According to Sygic you only get the premium services (which includes truck routing) free for 14 days. Unless you buy a licence.

I’m still using the TomTom Truck 6000 that I got FOC (courtesy of an online retailer coking up the pricing) several years ago :slight_smile:

Ok thanks, I’ll look out for that after 14 days. I didn’t notice anything about a free trial so far. But at least road lords is back up.

stu675:

Roymondo:

Ok thanks, I’ll look out for that after 14 days. I didn’t notice anything about a free trial so far. But at least road lords is back up.

You were given the choice of “Try for Free” or “Restore previously purchased licence” first time you opened it after installation.

At the end of the 14 day period you will get a nag screen telling you that Premium services are disabled unless you buy a licence. Essentially it will then only allow you to plan a car route. You won’t even be able to use it to navigate along the route you have just planned.

I’ve deleted Sygic, in the hope I’ll get another 14 days if road lords has another fit. [emoji106]

I’d be mildly interested to know if the App will allow you to do this. I suspect Sygic keep track of devices on which the App has been installed specifically to prevent it.

Roymondo:
I’d be mildly interested to know if the App will allow you to do this. I suspect Sygic keep track of devices on which the App has been installed specifically to prevent it.

When I did it with the Delm8 app, it was by mobile number, so you had to use a different mobile number each time (until I paid for it).
I think Sygic could be just a different email address required.

stu675:

Roymondo:

When I did it with the Delm8 app, it was by mobile number, so you had to use a different mobile number each time (until I paid for it).
I think Sygic could be just a different email address required.

But they don’t get your email address unless you purchase a licence. Makes no sense at all to allow repeated “14 day trials” on the same device.

Does anyone else have any feedback for this app ?

Tlgamble:

I’m hurt…
It’s brilliant, what else do you need to know?

stu675:

Tlgamble:

I’m hurt…

Is it only available on android?

driveress:

stu675:

Tlgamble:

I’m hurt…

Is it only available on android?

Yes. 'fraid so.