Road lords app

Have any of you guys tried this new free beta app called Road lords?

Cheers

I’m using it at the moment as I’m going to alot of places I’ve been before and it seems accurate, although when searching for addresses it does give a load of options around the world before the uk…might just be me that’s not set it up correctly…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:
I’m using it at the moment as I’m going to alot of places I’ve been before and it seems accurate, although when searching for addresses it does give a load of options around the world before the uk…might just be me that’s not set it up correctly…

What’s not to like?
Go to the option in Thailand!

polytrotter:

Yeah i noticed that.It is a beta so it probably will end up at a price.

After passing my test last month, I’m a few weeks in to my first driving job and I’ve been using Road Lords app on my phone. It looks and sounds like Waze only with a different skin.

It is accurate in finding locations, however, a couple of times it’s sent me down narrow country roads instead of the safer longer routes using dual carriageways and motorways etc. It’s also tried to sent me down routes clearly marked “no HGVs” on roadsigns.

As with any satnav I suppose use it with caution. I prefer to find a location with it, then zoom out to figure out my own directions by remembering road names/numbers. Although I think it’s best to put in the destination and turn the sound off, as a couple of times it’s saved me getting stuck in traffic jams.

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

silberrucken:
After passing my test last month, I’m a few weeks in to my first driving job and I’ve been using Road Lords app on my phone. It looks and sounds like Waze only with a different skin.

It is accurate in finding locations, however, a couple of times it’s sent me down narrow country roads instead of the safer longer routes using dual carriageways and motorways etc. It’s also tried to sent me down routes clearly marked “no HGVs” on roadsigns.

As with any satnav I suppose use it with caution. I prefer to find a location with it, then zoom out to figure out my own directions by remembering road names/numbers. Although I think it’s best to put in the destination and turn the sound off, as a couple of times it’s saved me getting stuck in traffic jams.

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

But isn’t this true of all the sat navs?

The only sat nav I ever had tthat I could trust was an iGo many years ago, although it was a car one.

The current pricing of truck sat navs especially by Tom Tom and Garmin seems a rip off, I mean how can they justify charging over £600 for a Dezl LGV 1000 or even nearly £300 for a 5 inch model from both Tommy and Garmin when a car one costs less then half and Road Lord can do it for free.

Back to Road Lord anyone know what the difference is between the Premium and the Premium Professional is?

Macski:
Back to Road Lord anyone know what the difference is between the Premium and the Premium Professional is?

Hey Macski, I dont know about road lords difference’s , however you could trial the TomTom Go app, as it now has the HGV options on it, as not just for cars anymore released it about a week ago.

I was doing the beta testing, and ran it on a samsung 10" tablet, already had bought and returned the TomTom Expert 7, as it was just the same, but a lot cheaper solution and 10" screen due to having a 10" tablet.

Think their trying to charge £100 but offered me the option of a discount down to £49.99 for 12 months…

It was good for clarity on directions, the routing like all of them could be questioned from time to time, but also for a quick birds eye view of roads around you, and restrictions, it was spot on, also used the MYDRIVE app to plan my routes myself on the 10" tablet, and adjust them using waypoints, then sync’d it across to follow.

You should be able to do a 7 day trial… and see if its what you need, cost look same as the premium professional roadlords app.

TonkaBoy:

Macski:

Hey Macski, I dont know about road lords difference’s , however you could trial the TomTom Go app, as it now has the HGV options on it, as not just for cars anymore released it about a week ago.

I was doing the beta testing, and ran it on a samsung 10" tablet, already had bought and returned the TomTom Expert 7, as it was just the same, but a lot cheaper solution and 10" screen due to having a 10" tablet.

Think their trying to charge £100 but offered me the option of a discount down to £49.99 for 12 months…

It was good for clarity on directions, the routing like all of them could be questioned from time to time, but also for a quick birds eye view of roads around you, and restrictions, it was spot on, also used the MYDRIVE app to plan my routes myself on the 10" tablet, and adjust them using waypoints, then sync’d it across to follow.

You should be able to do a 7 day trial… and see if its what you need, cost look same as the premium professional roadlords app.

Thanks for that, looks interesting but where cann I find the app?

Looked on Play and I can’t find iit listed, looked on Tomtom site and again it is not there as far as I can see?

Edit: Worked it out thanks, you download the car one and there is a truck option, I am slow!

Not going anywhere till Tuesday now so try it then, it has a intro offer of £49.99. HOwever that is still in my view a lot considering the car one is £20.00

Downloaded the TomTom Go app today and the European maps, what garbage, non of the deliveries I entered could be found.

Wouldn’t pay 49 pence never mind £49 for the software

Fair enough,

I’ve always found destinations on Google maps first, so can get street view visual for entrance etc, then hit share button and copied gps location to clipboard and pasted into TomTom search so not had that issue, and was so took me to entrance point for sites.

but if only using it standalone, and fails to resolve any locations with search, not much good for ya.

TonkaBoy:
Fair enough,

I’ve always found destinations on Google maps first, so can get street view visual for entrance etc, then hit share button and copied gps location to clipboard and pasted into TomTom search so not had that issue, and was so took me to entrance point for sites.

but if only using it standalone, and fails to resolve any locations with search, not much good for ya.

Sorry, I some how missed your reply

I have tryed to use it through 3 words, but I was going from Manchester to Luterworth (have I spelt it right) and it just routed me to Warrington.

It was good when I was just local but once I was going more than a few miles t just would not work.

TT says to use full map option, I tryed that, did not work.