rlc update

So speaking to my transport manager tonight he explains that being flashed by a red light camera is very common and dont always lead to a tickets but most likely i will have got flashed but wont hear anything from it.He said there are two sensors one after white stop line the other in center of junction it takes one photo at each to prove your moving but as long as the first photo shows you well past with the unit then your ok if the rear sets off the center sensor, apparently people get the fine for going threw actually on red and both photos show you over line on red so regardless of what length your pulling, he also said that amber stays on for 4 seconds and that he thinks the camera waits a second on red before it is armed and takes photos. can anyone confirm this info he explained a officer from vosa explained it to him on a recent visit to our site

If I were you, I’d stop fretting mate. From your description I think it’s highly unlikely you’ll hear anything further. The lights are designed to catch idiots that try and tear through on red - that is when it’s already red. You won’t get a ticket for the back end of your trailer coming through - only if the unit was well behind the stop line when the light was red. :slight_smile:

Truckulent:
If I were you, I’d stop fretting mate. From your description I think it’s highly unlikely you’ll hear anything further. The lights are designed to catch idiots that try and tear through on red - that is when it’s already red. You won’t get a ticket for the back end of your trailer coming through - only if the unit was well behind the stop line when the light was red. :slight_smile:

very true the unit will have been well threw no doubts at all im just being very cautious as it took me a long time to get my experience now im actually there i dont wanna end up with a shed load of point incase i ever want to find another job, i know points aint a total lost cause but most companies have a max of 3-6 points for insurance. over a year driving no points still a clean licence i hope to keep it that way.