Ripped off by the ferries

When looking at prices online for dover to calais for a return ticket with a car would cost 20-30 quid
but for a van its about 80-100 quid regardless of how small the van is even if you put measurements in of 1m x 1m
So lets see a ford ■■■■■■ van would cost me 3-4 times as much as a ford ■■■■■■ estate
it also says that you are not allowed to carry commercial good inside the van and it would have to be booked with the number listed below
So am I right in thinking that they would now want 300-400 quid off me

Boss & Driver:
When looking at prices online for dover to calais for a return ticket with a car would cost 20-30 quid
but for a van its about 80-100 quid regardless of how small the van is even if you put measurements in of 1m x 1m
So lets see a ford ■■■■■■ van would cost me 3-4 times as much as a ford ■■■■■■ estate
it also says that you are not allowed to carry commercial good inside the van and it would have to be booked with the number listed below
So am I right in thinking that they would now want 300-400 quid off me

If the van has windows in it and registered as a motorhome it becomes much cheaper. We have the same problem if we hire a van to go to France racing

to be honest its not even a van
technically speaking its a truck a ford transit 3.5T recovery truck
there is no option from the drop down ticks in boxes menu
what the hells wrong with these people

for A 3.5t van your looking at around £170 return for a Dover - Calais crossing with DFDS Freight but u would probably get it alot cheaper if u rang them with your vehicle specs as there website is pants.

The going rate on the ferry for a 4mtr Sprinter shipping at 7mtr is around £70 + surcharge.
The going rate on the choo-choo is just under £70.

But if the job is priced right it doesn’t really matter.

Just put Eastern European plates on ya truck and you can just go private :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

with or without a vehicle on ya truck :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: