RIP OFF ???

Cans of Irn-Bru or Coca-Cola out of the machine in the drivers waiting room in
Tesco RDC Livingston — 70 pence.
same products out of the machine at Asda Falkirk — 40 pence…
Would anyone from Tesco like to comment ■■?

cans of pepsi,7up etc from britvic at rugby,FREE!! as long as you drink them on site :slight_smile:

Trukkertone:
Cans of Irn-Bru or Coca-Cola out of the machine in the drivers waiting room in
Tesco RDC Livingston — 70 pence.
same products out of the machine at Asda Falkirk — 40 pence…
Would anyone from Tesco like to comment ■■?

Thing is if you go to some other tesco RDC it’ll be 40 pence as well…its the same thing with Sainsbury’s RDC’s too…its because the vending machines are subcontracted out by different companies such as Bunzl, and then that RDC wants to make a profit on it as well, some more than others.

Tesco Didcot…

tipping at the back (bays 1-8) vending machine coffee 30p in drivers waiting room

tipping at the front (bays 51-55 i think) drivers wait in the transport office…vending machine on them stupid card things. No problem, ask at the desk, there is a card for supplier drivers to use. 30p to get the card.

Thought to myself, fair enough…same place as the drivers room at the back. machine deducts 20p of the card…making extra profit for the card owner.

Every little helps :grimacing:

you know the worst thing is. tesco transport trailer loads of the stuff to livingston from ag barr everyday. its cheaper in the canteen for stuff, but im guessing you were goods in so wouldnt get to go up there.

I was in a dealers waiting room recently & everything in the vending machine, Chocolate, crisps etc was 60 pence. I won’t buy it on principle. I get my stuff from Lidls, they do everything I need including sandwiches with BLT/Chicken salad @ £1-29 down to ordinary ones @ 89p as long as you get in there in the mornings before they sell out. A bottle of fizz is from 39p so I’m not going to get ripped off by vending machines. The problem is, I buy too much of the wrong stuff & that’s not good for the waistline.

The drinks machine in service reception is only 20p though so it’s nice to grab a hot drink there when I call in for the dreaded adBlue fill up.

BB

Free bottles of drink (non alcoholic) at K+N in Greenford.

30p for a Latte in Dentressangle Leicester, make sure you bring your own cup otherwise it gets poured down the drain plug as the machine no longer dispenses cups.

70p is about right now days for a can of coke from any corner shop. I think 40p is cheap. When I was growing up i remember any can of coke/7up/ lilt used to be 50p as standard.

I can remember buying cans of drink before they had ring pulls :blush: . . . .
whatever happend to the Party 7 ? :laughing: :laughing:

Suedehead:

Can’t think of cans without ring pulls.What did they look like?.

skipman:

Suedehead:

Found a pic, they held 7 pints of beer :open_mouth: :grimacing: :grimacing: and you had to open them with a screwdriver and a hammer :laughing:

skipman:

Suedehead:

They looked the same the as they do now but they didnt have a “ring pull” :laughing: - you had to use a can opener. Bit like a bottle opener with a point on the end.
First ones i remember with ring pulls contained Strike Cola( i think) :confused: - early 70s

bubsy06:

skipman:

Suedehead:

Found a pic, they held 7 pints of beer :open_mouth: :grimacing: :grimacing: and you had to open them with a screwdriver and a hammer :laughing:

You had to drink it quick before it went flat.
Happy days :laughing: :laughing:

Suedehead:

skipman:

Suedehead:

They looked the same the as they do now but they didnt have a “ring pull” :laughing: - you had to use a can opener. Bit like a bottle opener with a point on the end.
First ones i remember with ring pulls contained Strike Cola( i think) :confused: - early 70s

Thanks chaps,coming back to be now,opened with that metal pointy thing that left triangular holes.

Suedehead:

bubsy06:

skipman:

Suedehead:

You had to drink it quick before it went flat.
Happy days :laughing: :laughing:

That’s if there was any left after the bloody thing had stopped spraying every where like a bottle of champagne in a racing driver’s hands

skipman:

Suedehead:

skipman:

Suedehead:

Thanks chaps,coming back to be now,opened with that metal pointy thing that left triangular holes.

google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h … 29,r:1,s:0

Trukkertone:
'…RIP OFF … Would anyone from Tesco like to comment…?

Is it to fund the daft ‘crest’ on Tesco wagon doors: What’s all that about?

i remember the days when a can of bru was was 29p

this is the old way of opening drinks cans whether they contained pop or 7pts of beer.
you hooked it under the rim and the triangular bit on the end was levered downwards into the can lid, thereby cutting a triangular hole. so you cut 2 holes opposite each other, one to let liquid out, the other to let air in. here’s a link , google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h … 29,r:3,s:0