Rip off burger van

bobbya:
This joker just tried to charge me £5.50 for a sausage and bacon stick one small slice of bacon ,one not very big sausage and a bread stick small,when I told him I wasn’t willing to pay that he threatened to punch my head in, I declined.It is the big layby north of waterlooville on the A3 in Hampshire

Can someone please turn this picture for me.

bobbya:

bobbya:
This joker just tried to charge me £5.50 for a sausage and bacon stick one small slice of bacon ,one not very big sausage and a bread stick small,when I told him I wasn’t willing to pay that he threatened to punch my head in, I declined.It is the big layby north of waterlooville on the A3 in Hampshire

wouldnt it be easier just turning your head? :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:

bobbya:

bobbya:

wouldnt it be easier just turning your head? :open_mouth:

Stiff neck

£25 for breakfast and a punch in the mouth? I ask you, what’s not to like?

robroy:
I reckon he needs to work on his customer service skills. :smiley:

I reckon woody the Michelin roadside chef got his customer skills and pricing off this fella

youtu.be/TWlzFbmZZHU

James the cat:
£25 for breakfast and a punch in the mouth? I ask you, what’s not to like?

Exactly…sounds like a right bargain… :laughing:

Seriously though, each to their own and all that but why stop at these grease stops?/ Its ■■■■■ food of the lowest quality furring up the arteries…

the famous ACE CAFE on the north circular,my dad and I [when he was of this earth]went in there,far as i’m concerned that was a bit pricey,more a type of restaurant now rather than a café,i don’t recall seeing any hgvs in there while we were there,they mostly cater for bikers now or the suits

bobbya:

bobbya:

bobbya:
punch my head in,

What’s the offer on a coffee and pie? Free kick in the orbitals? See he’s placed the premises toilets out the front of the van. Use of those is worth the 25 quid alone, I’d say you’re getting the breakfast and punch in the mouth for free. It’s a steal!

I’m definitely going. Gonna park up when that way and head for Ronnie Cookerings. I’ll tag it on Facebook with a pic of my face grinning like an right nob with my plum purple eye and knocked out tooth holding up my sausage bap. “Livin the dream” ill put. Rock and roll.

James the cat:

bobbya:
punch my head in,

What’s the offer on a coffee and pie? Free kick in the orbitals? See he’s placed the premises toilets out the front of the van. Use of those is worth the 25 quid alone, I’d say you’re getting the breakfast and punch in the mouth for free. It’s a steal!

I’m definitely going. Gonna park up when that way and head for Ronnie Cookerings. I’ll tag it on Facebook with a pic of my face grinning like an right nob with my plum purple eye and knocked out tooth holding up my sausage bap. “Livin the dream” ill put. Rock and roll.

PMSL… :grimacing:

does he leave the van there overnight,he probably don’t but if he did I would be tempted to go there one night with a big sign saying don’t eat here,rip off charges,a few might see it before he takes it down

robroy:
The better ones seem to be on the retail parks I’ve found, where you can get roast meat baguettes, a bit dearer but a lot better.
2 good ones that spring to mind the one outside B&Q at Hartlepool, and one on Abington retail pk Oxford.

Yea, these ones tend to be in competition with the likes of Greggs and other high street retailers flogging lunchtime fodder so they have to pull their fingers out a bit to get trade.

The idea of eating at the typical roadside van with their economy meats cooked on a dirty griddle by somebody who has just toileted in the bushes knocks me sick. Too many truckers have a total lack of respect for their own bodies eating at these places.

I can’t understand why you’d complain, he’s got an English flag out the front just above the toilets.

AndrewG:

James the cat:

bobbya:
punch my head in,

PMSL… :grimacing:

drive past

rob22888:

robroy:
The better ones seem to be on the retail parks I’ve found, where you can get roast meat baguettes, a bit dearer but a lot better.
2 good ones that spring to mind the one outside B&Q at Hartlepool, and one on Abington retail pk Oxford.

Yea, these ones tend to be in competition with the likes of Greggs and other high street retailers flogging lunchtime fodder so they have to pull their fingers out a bit to get trade.

The idea of eating at the typical roadside van with their economy meats cooked on a dirty griddle by somebody who has just toileted in the bushes knocks me sick. Too many truckers have a total lack of respect for their own bodies eating at these places.

They wouldnt be so bad if hygiene and food quality was better. A bacon and egg roll for example using bacon medallions and a poached egg in a wholemeal roll with no butter isnt so bad now and then. Combine that sort of lower fat food with reasonable prices and someone could be onto a winner :bulb:
Hygiene is the next obstacle though. Was in the UK a few weeks back and stopped at one on the A1 somewhere (dont know exactly now) just for a cup of tea as couldnt be bothered to brew up. The guy placed raw bacon on the griddle and instead of washing his hands just wiped them on his dirty apron before going to butter a roll :unamused:

There is one on the A43 between the A1 and Corby. Can’t remember it’s /his name, but heading to Corby it’s on a right hand bend, in the layby, and he has a toilet at one side. (You know where I am going with this, don’t you?)

Pulled in one day, and fancied a brew, when I observed the gentleman concerned get out of his van, go to the filthy toilet, go back to his van, not wash his hands and promptly carried on cooking.

Needless to say I lost my desire for a brew at that point.

Went down that way last week, and had the wife with me, and pointed it out to her. She nearly barfed out of the window.

Ken.

I have been banned from the burger van on the A1, outside Morpeth, my crime was to ask for butter or margarine on my roll, ‘we don’t do butter or Marge pet’, I refused to pay and was banned, lol.

del trotter:

R.D:

largebloke1969:
For eye watering breakfast prices check out the cafe at sourton cross on the A30 :open_mouth:

You’re on about Woodys Cafe. some of the prices for the large breakfasts , wouldn’t be out of place in Harrods. Mind boggling

Nobody seriously orders these…do they?

WTF is a ‘Hungerman’? Lol

Just a thought … How about checking the price list before ordering ?

mickymidas:
Just a thought … How about checking the price list before ordering ?

The price list is not very clear at all then he pointed out because i asked for bread stick it would be a £1 extra,go have a look yourself.