RIP my old man. The final update

On the heels of Calebs, my old man passed away last Tuesday at the Newcastle RVI with multiple organ failure including a hiatus hernia, kidney failure, liver failure and his stomach was in his chest and the tube twisted around it.

He was 76, and I was there when they switched his life support off. It is one of the hardest things I have ever seen.

He always had an interest in my job, from me wanting to get into it at 14, right up until the present day, and while not in the industry himself, he was always interested in where I had been.

If your near the Saltwell crematorium in Gateshead on Saltwell Road South around 3pm on Thursday 27th, give the old bugger a bloody good toot as you go past. The attendees won’t know what it is, but I most certainly will.

Ken.

Sorry to hear your sad news at least he’s free from pain now. :frowning:

So sorry to hear this… in my thoughts.

sorry to hear that mate

He’s in a better place now mate.
RIP.

Sorry for your loss quinny had the same desission to make 9 years you never get over it but it gets easier mate

Very sad news Ken, my sincere condolences to you & your family.

Regards
Dave Penn;

i’m sorry to here of your loss, i was in your position nearly 4 yr’s ago, and when you say it was the hardest thing you’ve done, i believe you, as many also do.

Sad news buddy. R.I.P.

Best of luck, take care

Sorry to hear of your sad loss, my condolences to you and your family.

Thanks guys.

It’s only 2 1/2 years since we lost my Mother, and me and my daughters went to ‘see’ her on Saturday at Birtley crematorium near the Angel to have a chat with her, before going to my Sister’s at Gateshead. Can’t believe it’s been so quick since she left us.

Time sure goes quick.

Ken.

Ken,

My heartfelt condolences go to you and your family at this time.

Sorry to hear this Quinny, my thoughts are with you and your family

Sorry for your loss mate ,
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

i cant begin to imagine how that feels, burt would like to say +1 to what everyone else has said.

Sad news, keeping a good thought for you Ken.

Condolences on your loss Ken.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Mick

Sorry for your loss.

My condolences.

RIP