RIP Johnny Elsdon 1926-2011

At the age of 22, I had the great pleasure of working with John Elsdons’ son Kenny Elsdon in his new business as Elstran freighters in his new bought vehicle EOJ 880V and on Johnnys retirement had the pleasure of taking over John Eldsons continental F12 vehicle PME 750X that gave me the best experience and luxury of driving a top class wagon that Johnny had always cared for and maintained. And for the next 10 years, I worked for Kenny and Johnny Elsdon and found them an absolute pleasure to work for in every way and I only have very fond memeories of Mr John Elsdon and he will always be in my thoughts until I give up on the haulage game.
Best wishes and regards and thank you for all the memories Mr John Elsdon and your son Kenny.

Anthony (Tony) Lee 07817 143128

Just had news that one of my old bosses Johnny Elsdon passed away yesterday after a short illness 10 years after holding it back the first time

John I had been in the game for all his life working for to name a few BRS Silver Roadways Cyprian Fox Brain Haulage Alltransport elstrans and was a real old school fitter who always got us home and if he never had it he made it. The last of the old skool
He always made me laugh with hes constant wisthling of tunes no one knew But the one i will never forget was when the man dealer said you like to go to
the factory at germany ever been have you he just looked and said last time was in those parts i had a ■■■■■■■ flame thrower on me shoulder so were give it a miss this week son knock us the money off instead LMFAO God bless you John Boy on that trunk road in the sky
Thoughts go to Keithy mrken pm if want and laney

R.I.P. You helped me a gave me a start bles yer

Never knew the man but sadly the haulage industry is losing men of this calibre,never to be replaced.R.I.P. condolances to his family and friends.
regards dave.

A great loss of a good man RIP john .My condolences to all the family .PTB

RIP John. condolances Ken.

steve poulton.

Thanks to you all for your kind words and sympathy. RIP Dad - always in our thoughts. Elaine

Lane 1 How are you glad to know you look at our little forum and I must say your Dad could never speak highly enough of you you were the perfect child and there wasnt nothing you could not do I always remember his white merc with your name across the front of which he was so proud off I worked with your Dad for around 15 years and to be honest I can still here his wistle and huming of tunes in my head now he was a very clever man who could get you out of trouble anywhere and if he never had a part he would make it he was a great thinker as was Keith who were both very black is black white is white ideas let you know where you stood unlike Mr Ken who turned with a click of your fingers and who used to say never ask some one to do a job if it you cant do it your self trouble was he could and it didnt matter how many hours it took to do it he done it to which your Dad used to say I done that years ago which would just wind
Mr Ken up even more and it got done whatever the weather cost or distance he just never seemed to understand no or cant and realy
was alot more unpredictalble thn the other to he had is own laws and rule book where Dad used to say what dont get done today Billy boy gets done tomorrow But all in all i miss all them like mad and now with all the hsse and different eu laws and emmisions I wonder what will happen to the industrie maybe Just a few big muti nationals any way enough from me going walk the dog now and glad you read it all the best Billy

Hi Bill thanks for your kind comments Shame you have so much time on your hands

RIP Johnny Elsdon :cry:

He He He Got told off again Bil lol that would have made the bonus book!!!just picture his face now