RIP Jack Richards

Jack Richards the founder of Jack Richards & Son Ltd passed away yesterday. From 1 lorry in 1956 to the huge fleet they have today is good going .
On a personal note i worked for him for 16 years until retirement and he was always a real gentleman

Is it true that he only ever lost one customer? But not through his own fault

R.I.P. Sir, another true gentleman of the haulage industry…

RIP,Thats gunna be a big send off ,the man was a legend in the transport game like stan robinson and edward stobart :frowning: :frowning:

Ive heard that but dont know if its true.

eric the judge:
Ive heard that but dont know if its true.

We must lose one a week, although we usually end up with it back soon after when no one else wants it ha ha.

Met him once, we were talking Albions at a show, seemed like an old-fashioned gentleman. RIP
Bernard

So reliable !..a well written company started by one of the old school RIP Jack.

R I P Sir. You have and still are providing a lot of drivers with work.One of the last true family hauliers . My Sympathy to all The Richards Family on Jacks Passing. A current driver.

RIP Jack Richards,one of the old school hauliers and a proper lorry man.

sadly another old school haulier passed away,god bless and may you rest in peace.

RIP,Jack.
He was one of those “proper” hauliers whom some of us expected to go on forever. Comes as a shock to realise that even the best are mortal.

R I P Jack, along with many others, I never met you, but, at the end of the day, you were part of the Lorry Driving Fraternity.
Once more Rest in peace Jack.
My Sympathy and regards to your Family.

RIP,

His legacy he’s left is testament to him.

Never had a driver talk bad about the company upon questions.

I was lucky enough to get an invitation to visit Jack’s museum a couple of years ago and met the man himself. He took delight in showing the small group I was with around and explained that the museum is not just lorries but about his life, including his time during WW2 as an aircraft mechanic based at RAF Newmarket.
I must mention Jack’s right-hand man and best friend Mr. Dennis Harvey who is the museum’s custodian, another lovely and very knowlegable man who I’m sure will miss Jack very much. RIP to a very proud man.

Yes, he was a legend, been going since before I was born.

A picture of the man is in order here, he was well spoken of by everybody.

A true Gent and proper lorry man R.I.P. My sympathy to his family.

Here’s a few photos I took on my visit. You could eat your dinner off the floor ! Regards to all Haddy, Gt. Yarmouth.

024.JPG

Thats very sad news.

Never worked for the Guy, but as a local, the fact that I see so many off the fleet everywhere, does tend to give Me a sense off pride, in that a haulier from a small market town in North Norfolk, has become one off the most recognisable and repsected hauliers in the land.

RIP Jack, sympathies to all family friends and those at Jack Richards.

I met him once about 10 years ago,I didn’t know who he was
at the time but we had a chat for about 10 minutes and I just
thought he was a nice old guy who was interested in trucks.

After he had gone another driver told me who he was and I
have never forgotten meeting him, a real Gentleman.

R.I.P. Sir.