RIP Driver - M1 J22 30/07/13

RIP to the driver of the Red DAF XF with tipper trailer that died on the M1 northbound yesterday (30/07/13) at about 3pm just after J22. I passed northbound about 2:45 with traffic flowing freely, but on returning south saw 1 lane closed and said truck in the tree’s/hedges. The cab looked ok, so I am surprised anyone died. Either way, RIP drive, and thoughts to family they left behind.

leicestermercury.co.uk/UPDAT … story.html

RIP Ray Sheppard of Howards Transport, 60 years old, leaves a wife and a couple of kids, nice chap. I believe he was dead before the truck had stopped :open_mouth: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was with Ray on Tuesday, ran from Croft to Milton Keynes then back up the M1 together gassing on the cb. I went back to Croft and Ray went to Husbands Bosworth. Was like old times as we used to always run together when I was at Bily Howards 18 years ago, the lady in the cafe at Alrewas thought we were father and son. Could not believe it when I was told on Wednesday. He seemed fine when I was with him, 2 hours later He was gone. RIP RAYMOND :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

andrewv8:
I was with Ray on Tuesday, ran from Croft to Milton Keynes then back up the M1 together gassing on the cb. I went back to Croft and Ray went to Husbands Bosworth. Was like old times as we used to always run together when I was at Bily Howards 18 years ago, the lady in the cafe at Alrewas thought we were father and son. Could not believe it when I was told on Wednesday. He seemed fine when I was with him, 2 hours later He was gone. RIP RAYMOND :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I feel for you mate :cry: I passed the Truck in the hedge awhile after it had happened, it put a lump in my throat for sure :cry: :cry:

tango boy:

andrewv8:

I feel for you mate :cry: I passed the Truck in the hedge awhile after it had happened, it put a lump in my throat for sure :cry: :cry:

Thanks mate, hadn’t seen Ray for years to speak to.Was really nice to catch up, hopefully He didnt suffer too much…