RIP Dirty Lyle

Ernest Borgnine who played dirty Lyle the cop in convoy has passeed away age 95.
Also stared in airwolf one of my favourite programs as a kid and Jesus of Nazareth which was a staple of my catholic school education at Easter.

you can breathe easy now Rubber Duck… BUT seriously R.I.P. to a great actor…

R.I.P Ernest… 10-10 till we do it again good buddy :frowning:

Also played Ted Denslow in BASEketball, another fantastic film. 95 isn’t exactly a bad innings but still a shame. R.I.P

kr79:
Ernest Borgnine who played dirty Lyle the cop in convoy has passeed away age 95.
Also stared in aureole one of my favourite programs as a kid and Jesus of Nazareth which was a staple of my catholic school education at Easter.

Did you forget air wolf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Poxy phone lol.

Weird thing is I was watching Convoy on Sunday morning, and wondering to myself if he was still alive - felt almost guilty when I saw the news!

RIP - he seems to have been in most of the decent films & programmes of my childhood. Could play the good & the bad with equal believability.

Gary

RIP to The Bear! :frowning:

scaniason:
RIP - he seems to have been in most of the decent films & programmes of my childhood. Could play the good & the bad with equal believability.

Gary

I agree

I’d be happy (and very lucky) to see 95, and he obviously enjoyed what he did for a living too, a very lucky man.

RIP Ernest

don’t forget, he was also in The Dirty Dozen :smiley:

RIP to a fine man :frowning:

…and one of my favorites, Flight of the Phoenix.

wood fuel:

shuttlespanker:

Both great classics.

waynedl:

wood fuel:

shuttlespanker:

Both great classics.

Also in "The Wild Bunch"another classic.

“Breaker 1-9 breaker 1-9, this is the bear in the air, calling Rubber Jerk and that rattling piece of black crap at your side door, c’mon.”

Brilliant actor, and starred in many films, but for me he first came to prominence as Dirty Lyle in Convoy, and from then on, I was hooked on the industry that makes me a living now.

RIP ‘Lyle Wallace.’

youtube.com/watch?v=5jn-ZS7g … re=related

oohh yeah sadly missed… thought the Wild Bunch was one o his best.