Riots

Has anyone been affected?

spaceman:
Has anyone been affected?

No :laughing:

Salut, David.

Only by the ones in my head, not the ones in France.

I was there two weeks ago and am going again this week.
They’re a good excuse to head out of town to a good routier restaurant each night, not that I need an excuse :wink:

Very true Ted.

I spent the ferry crossing on Thursday morning with one of your colleagues, hadn’t seen him for a few years, since the end of the Eurolink ferry out of Sheerness I think, and chatting to him helped pass time.

I have been twice this week, and not seen anything untoward,

on the news it said the situation was normal with only about 90 cars per night being set on fire :confused: :open_mouth:

I was in Blois on Monday and it was difficult to tell if the suburbs had been affected by riots or that they were normally looking like that :stuck_out_tongue: Beirut looked inviting :smiling_imp:

yes, i was very badly affected by it.

i was coming back on the p&o pride of canterbury this week and in the drivers eating mess room there is a picture on the wall, it’s a painting of paris and some of the monuments etc.

i had an overwhelming desire to paint some burnt out cars at the bottom of the picture.

it was only the lack of suitable brushes (and paints) that stopped me from carrying this out, it was so bad i almost went to the smoking area to ask for a match so i could make my own fires on the painting.

i was so relieved when we docked in the uk, i don’t think i’ve ever been so happy to get back to the uk before.

the whole experience has left me nervous about future travel to france (but whats new when they have a tendency to lock truck drivers up like common criminals for having items well concealed in their loads, that well concealed that the driver couldn’t possibly have known about them).

any country that forces it’s own music on the radio because it is concerned that it’s losing it’s own culturalism is so obviously not going to be too welcoming to foreigners, i shouldn’t say this but the french deserve what they are getting, the only problem seems to be that we and the rest of europe are going to be paying for their lack of intercommunity wellbeing skills.

Johnny:
i shouldn’t say this but the french deserve what they are getting,

You’re right!

You shouldn’t :open_mouth: .

Salut, David.

Spardo:

Johnny:
i shouldn’t say this but the french deserve what they are getting,

You’re right!

You shouldn’t :open_mouth: .

Salut, David.

but i have and i don’t regret it, if they were more openly warm to asylum seekers they wouldn’t be experiencing the backlash of hearding them into ghetto type accomodation, the french are probably the most backward people in europe, they are phobic about their history and their future, they still live with the past and want everything in france to be french, very patriotic but not really an image of the proposed united states of europe that the leaders are looking to obtain (and quite likely with the leader of this U.S.E. being french).
as this website is here for people to voice their opinions openly please do not purport to dictate what and what not i can post, if you don’t like my opinions (or anyone elses) you don’t have to comment on them.

YOUR COMMENT IS NOT CONDUCIVE TO THE TOPIC!

it is merely a personal attack upon my own opinions because you choose to live in the country the topic is about.

Strewth! We are a touchy one aren’t we? And all because I agreed with you.
You said you shouldn’t have said it and I agreed

Johnny:
if they were more openly warm to asylum seekers they wouldn’t be experiencing the backlash

And this from a Brit :question: :open_mouth:

and want everything in france to be french,

And you don’t want this for Britain I suppose.

please do not purport to dictate what and what not i can post

Who’s dictating? I agreed with you :laughing: .

if you don’t like my opinions (or anyone elses) you don’t have to comment on them.

No, I don’t have to but, I thought that was the point of a forum (OED definition “a place of or meeting for public discussion”)

it is merely a personal attack upon my own opinions

You can’t make a personal attack on opinions, only on persons, which is what you appear to be doing now.
If you want to applaud the loss of life in riots

the french deserve what they are getting

you shouldn’t be surprised if someone objects. I do.

Salut, David.

You can’t make a personal attack on opinions, only on persons, which is what you appear to be doing now.
If you want to applaud the loss of life in riots

so where exactly did i applaud the loss of one persons life?
i have not mentioned anywhere about death, it is you sir that is touchy.

And this from a Brit

yes, they are here and no i don’t want the spongers but the genuine asylum seekers need sanctuary from persecution, it’s such a shame that so many freeloaders have jumped on board the gravy train, time and strong government action will eventually ensure only the genuine refugees will be able to call england their homeland, under this government it will continue to be a shambles for a very long time.

Quote:
and want everything in france to be french,

And you don’t want this for Britain I suppose.

not really i don’t much like the renaults, citroens aren’t too bad but i would prefer something japanese or swedish.
lets face it - buy british?
whats left to buy thats british?
if we were to buy british we would all be driving kit cars or nobles (a sports car built in leicestershire and costing about £45,000 for the bottom of the range).

Quote:
please do not purport to dictate what and what not i can post

Who’s dictating? I agreed with you .

you agreed that i shouldn’t have said what i did which means you didn’t want me to say it and that i should not have said it - censorship! dictat!

there is a lot wrong with this country and from time to time people do riot, football grounds, pubs, housing estates and sometimes in the confines of the immigration holding areas but we don’t look to other member states to fund the clean up operation.
the riots in france were bought about by frances attitude toward immigrants, aid has recently been sent to the usa, china and thailand for hurricane damage, earthquakes and tsunami’s, riot damage is hardly in the same category is it?
lets see now - act of GOD versus poor immigration and asylum policy.

i know where i would rather send my money.

I think we have made my point. :wink:

Salut, David.

THE END :!: