RIK MAYALL

I know its a day late. very sad news R.I.P Rik you were the best :cry:

+1

Yea shocking news, he was more or less the same age as I am so I grew up as a 20-something on the Young Ones etc.

Legend

Your star burned bright.

Very sad news - a talented and much respected man. I can remember seeing him (along with Ade Edmondson, Nigel Planer, Alexei Sayle & French and Saunders) at the Venue in London. Where did the years go, eh?

56 is no age

Rip Rik. Was it him or was it Ade who suffered severe head injuries years ago when involved in a quad accident? Wonder if there was a connection with his untimely death?

He stole every scene. And yes, he did have a massive quad backwards flip.

They were saying on the radio today that it might be connected with the accident in 1998, he had memory loss & never really got over it, might have been a seizure ?
Only speculation at the moment.
RIP RIK.
Very Funny, very OTT at the time, but I enjoyed it, as did many others.

Read yesterday Ade Edmonson said he s dead , for real ■■■■■■■ Without me…

I bet he loved that …RIP RIK

Just read on Metro online that his near-fatal 98 quad accident left him with epilepsy for which he had to take daily medication. I imagine the coroners report might well link this to his untimely passing. RIP Rick.

It’s a no brainer,then? :unamused:

We’ll, I shall be writing to my MP about this.
You haven’t got an MP RIck, you’re an anarchist.
Oh yeah, very we’ll then, I shall write to the lead singer of Echo and the Bunnymen, Dear Mr Echo…

One of many of my favourite Rik lines from TheYoung Ones.

Then there were The Dangerous Brothers and Kevin Turvey.

The man was a total legend, and I shall wallow in dvd’s of his work for a long long time,
Rest in peace you total and utter â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 

R.I.P Rick, a true comic genius !
But whilst surfing the internet for some of his magic, I typed in " young ones & bottom "
I’m now in custody awaiting questioning ! :blush:

gunnerheskey:
R.I.P Rick, a true comic genius !
But whilst surfing the internet for some of his magic, I typed in " young ones & bottom "
I’m now in custody awaiting questioning ! :blush:

Like it :laughing:

Rik Mayall: Lord of Misrule, is on BBC iplayer for anyone interested.