Rigid Tesco

It would be grateful if someone could put my mind at rest as I think I’m going delusional at the wheel… :open_mouth: :confused: :exclamation: :exclamation:

The other day I past a RIGID 18ton Tesco truck on the A120 heading towards Braintree, yeah and so what :question: :question: :exclamation: I hear you moan… :unamused: :unamused:

I only ask as in the 3 years I have been driving have never seen one of these bearing TESCO on it.

I have only ever seen the big artic’s and the baby artic’s driving about, I know that Sainsbury’s have them and just wondered if this is a new menace on the road…Sorry…. :blush: :blush: :wink: …new mode of transportation for Tesco for what I am assuming is for awkward to get at city centre stores, it was a merc and looked like a 58 plate.

I just know someone is going to say they have been around for years and I should travel the country a bit more…

answers on a post card please, usual terms and conditions aplly :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation:

Cheers

James

Hi

went into tesco dicot last year and saw a load of them but did not have boxes on, was chating to the guy at the counter there and he said that there for the exprees stores

Del

they have been around for years and u should travel the country a bit more… :stuck_out_tongue:

iveonly ever seen one of them and it was in edinburgh, but they are for the stores where artics cant get easily or city centres. this one was parked at the tesco on great junction street down leith. not the best store to park at with it being on the corner of a 4 way junction and with no loading bay area. and a bus stop right outside lol.

Drove one about 18 months ago out of Magor while i was on the agency.

They are few and far between mind.

There have been rigids at Tesco RDC Doncaster for about 4 years now,not always in Tesco colours tho’,they are used for tight deliveries.Theyve had Scania,Renault six wheeles also, but the Tesco livried trucks are usually Mercs.It makes a change to coupling a trailer and dragging that around behind you.

Seen 4 of them parked up at Tesco Hinkley earlier this year

Used to do fridge work direct to Tesco stores 20 year ago an they had rigids back then. Pain in the ■■■ cos they always got priority.

gogzy:
iveonly ever seen one of them and it was in edinburgh, but they are for the stores where artics cant get easily or city centres. this one was parked at the tesco on great junction street down leith. not the best store to park at with it being on the corner of a 4 way junction and with no loading bay area. and a bus stop right outside lol.

I definitely feel their pain, having worked for a packaging company doing about 20 drops per day around SW London in an 18 tonner.

I won’t work for food companies now, too much stress and bother. My last dose of it was delivering to Japanese restaurants in the West End of London, I came home with a thumping headache, never again :open_mouth:

tesco even have those merc econics as rigids in london now

Ragnarok:

gogzy:

I definitely feel their pain, having worked for a packaging company doing about 20 drops per day around SW London in an 18 tonner.

I won’t work for food companies now, too much stress and bother. My last dose of it was delivering to Japanese restaurants in the West End of London, I came home with a thumping headache, never again :open_mouth:

ive tried to stay away from city centre multi drop full stop if and where i can, luckily ive only had one job that took me into the city centre and it was ok, just parcels. id rather spend 3 or 4 days ont he road doing long distance deliveries than getting home every night doing city centre multi drop, least im not stressed out when i get back from 3 or 4 days on the road.