Rigid Fuel Tanker Driver

Hello all
Just a couple of question here if anyone knows.

I am going for a job interview tomorrow at Certas energy for a rigid fuel tanker job that’s being advertised very near to where I live.

Does anyone know what its like to work for Certas energy ? What is the pay ? do they pressure you ect ? they have bad reviews on indeed but so do a lot of haulage firms including the one I work for.

What is the work like ? I live in a town surrounded by farms and villages so I am guessing lots of deliveries to farms and rural areas with heating oil and diesel, (sounds nice it theory).

I am guessing a fare few residential drops will be part of the job, and in my experience they are the worst ! but the tanker trucks are small in length (and hopefully smaller in width then your average ridgid as well )which will help a lot.

Any advice useful regards.

Here is an old link. Useful for background maybe?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128507&p=2005973&hilit=heating+domestic#p2005973

Franglais:
Here is an old link. Useful for background maybe?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128507&p=2005973&hilit=heating+domestic#p2005973

Thanks
I had a look at it, interesting reading some people love some hate it.

I just want a local job where I am home each night hopefully one I enjoy

regards.

Pulling a heavy hose through Doris’ pristine flower garden, dodging gnomes and dog ■■■■.
Blocking roads whilst you tip
Deliveries must be made regardless of weather

There are worse jobs for sure, but it ain’t the easiest and you need to be fit.

Most tankers are about 8 foot wide, the widest part is the side rails, the tanks tend to not stick out too much. Length wise they are probably 20 foot or so for a 4 wheeler. They have good turning circles so manoeuvring is fairly easy. Very little overhang on the rear, so no tail swing to worry about.

Farm work will be messy, but easy, the residential stuff can be anywhere from a 5 foot pull direct to the tank, or a 50 foot pull to the end of the garden, down steps, round corners, through greenhouses, over swimming pools etc.

On the upside, a typical hgv driver, driving down narrow country lanes gets all sorts of abuse, tanker drivers tend not too, as the people want their heating.

109LWB:
Pulling a heavy hose through Doris’ pristine flower garden, dodging gnomes and dog [zb].

Most tankers are about 8 foot wide, the widest part is the side rails, the tanks tend to not stick out too much. Length wise they are probably 20 foot or so for a 4 wheeler. They have good turning circles so manoeuvring is fairly easy. Very little overhang on the rear, so no tail swing to worry about.

Farm work will be messy, but easy, the residential stuff can be anywhere from a 5 foot pull direct to the tank, or a 50 foot pull to the end of the garden, down steps, round corners, through greenhouses, over swimming pools etc.

On the upside, a typical hgv driver, driving down narrow country lanes gets all sorts of abuse, tanker drivers tend not too, as the people want their heating.

Thanks for the info
The residential drops worry me the most (for example going down narrow streets with cars parked either side).

The physical side of it appeals to me as I want to get fit, my job as a tramper driver involves zero and I mean zero! exercise my body is just crying out for a more active lifestyle.

109LWB:
Pulling a heavy hose through Doris’ pristine flower garden, dodging gnomes and dog [zb].

Yeah that sounds about right for the selfishness of humans. If your blocking the road for ME then that’s fine as the world revolves around me but if it’s for anyone else then you shouldn’t be here, and I’m going to give you abuse, film you and put you on social media.