Rigid Class Lorry Driving

Can anyone on here let me know if any of the trucking companies in Canada hire rigid class drivers from the UK? If so, which ones as I am struggling to find any at all. The suggested companies I have come across so far on here are all articulated and I would rather not go into articulated given where my experience is.

I am looking to emigrate to Canada with my wife and whilst she is re-training in readiness for the move I would rather use the skills I have.

Thanks for your time (apologies if this has been asked elsewhere - I couldn’t find it if it had).

I think what you should be looking for on that side of the Atlantic is ‘Expeditors’, which is the name they use for long distance light express transport. They can be real gypsies though, staying away from home for long periods. Proper gear though, decent size sleeper cabs etc.

Check out expeditersonline.com for more info, at least in the USA, but no doubt you could find links to Canada. I think the norm is for ODs though.

Merci Spardo.

I will check it out now and see what I can come up with.

You might also want to look at dump truck work (tippers),there are any amount of rigid tipper truck driving jobs in Alberta because of the “oilsands” oil boom. :wink:
If you go to www.canada.gc.ca and scroll down to “popular services” and click on “jobs”, this is a search engine for jobs in Canada you can search each province in turn and there is a “transport/trades/construction” segment where there are any amount of rigid truck driving jobs especially in Alberta as I’ve said.

Thanks BigTruck. I will check this out also. It is just a case of knowing what to look for!

My next step is then to find one that will bring me in on a temporary work visa/PNP and do the re-train over to the Canadian licenses.

No rest for the wicked or those wanting to emigrate :wink: