Right, that`s it- I QUIT!

After nearly thirty years of smoking, during which time I have built up to a 40-a-day habit costing around £3000 a year to service, I have finally decided to take hold of the Evil Weed and kick it hence and thither for once and for all.

Today is my fourth day without a cigarette and I feel awful. It feels like thousands of ants are crawling around beneath my skin and like someone has got hold of my brain with both hands and is wringing it out like a sponge.

Im not using patches or gum since I figure these will simply prolong the agony. Ive gone completely “cold turkey” to sweat out- literally- the torment as quickly as possible.

I am fairly strong-willed (stubborn, she calls it! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ) and I am determined to do this. Part of my strategy is to tell as many people as possible so I will lose the maximum amount of face if I do not see this through. So there it is.

Any advice from anyone who has been down this path before me would be welcome.

Vince

No personal advice Vince as I’ve never smoked so never had to give up but how about a big jar or tin and everytime you would have bought a packet of cigs put the money in there instead, watching that mount up at a steady rate should give you some encouragement. Think of all the extra rides you could have on the scenic railway. :smiley:

Your a brave man Vince, good luck! :wink:

good luck mate,it’s a very hard thing to do.i hope you succeed.get something that you can do with your hands as it will keep you occupied and stop you thinking about it.all the best mate. :wink:

kitkat:
good luck mate,it’s a very hard thing to do.i hope you succeed.get something that you can do with your hands as it will keep you occupied and stop you thinking about it.all the best mate. :wink:

Hmmm. No… I’m also strong-willed so I WILL resist the temptation :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Rob K:

kitkat:

Hmmm. No… I’m also strong-willed so I WILL resist the temptation :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

wtf r u on about rob :question:

It aint so hard Vince. I quit twice in the 32 years ive been smoking. Once for 2 years, and once for 5 years. You just really need to want to, and I mean REALLY want to. I like a ■■■ however, specially with a cuppa! so Im back on them about 10 yrs straight. But willpower alone was all I used, and in that time I never avoided other smokers, even a bloke I gave a lift to work every day for 6 months, and he lit up in the car.

Good Luck.

Good luck Vince. How about thinking of the money you’ve saved? Treating yourself to something with the £3,000. Then you’ll feel you have to pay back the debt and not smoke. You should know I am tight however :wink:, and a none smoker to boot. Either way good luck :laughing: .

Good luck with it Vince.I quit almost 8 years ago after 23 years smoking and it was the best thing I ever did but I did give my missus hell for a year! Mood swings and tantrums but she put up with me somehow :open_mouth:
I first tried the patches but ended up with an allergic reaction to them! I came out in a nasty rash where ever I had a patch on me.
So I then did it cold turkey and I’ve never looked back since :smiley:
The incentive for me was the financial one.I saved enough in the first year to take my missus and son to Florida for two weeks.We’d never had a foreign holiday before that and now we get abroad every year so as far as I’m concerned,It was worth all the aggro.So be as Stubborn and determined as you can cos you will look back in a couple of years time and think “Yes,I did it!”
Good luck mate and don’t give in to the weed :smiley:

Ive tried but failed miserably, but then I dont think I have got the will power at the moment… Ive been told, you either want to do it, so you do it… Or if you dont, you wont…

But it sounds like you want to, so you WILL do it… Just take one day at a time… and dont think of yourself Giving something up, as you tend to feel as though you are missing out… think of it as a break… and push yourself to go one more day… one more day turns into one more week, then month, then year… and then your sorted…

Good Luck Buddy… :wink: :wink:

How are you getting on Vince, hopefully this is about day 9, are you still holding out?

I quit today as well! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Presently Detached At last
waste of a good argument! :wink:

All the best Ian and I hope you succeed as well. you are talking about smoking right? :wink: :smiley:

What else neil?
its the only thing I can think of thats gone up 50% in one fell swoop.

& why would I need them to calm my nerves, when I have TrucknetUK? :sunglasses: :wink:

So hows it going Vince? Its 2 weeks since you gave up.Are you still a non smoker or has the weed won? Let us know how you are getting on mate.
And you too TC? Still holding out?

Oh yes, I have no choice :unamused:

I am banned from going anywhere near them! :open_mouth: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: