Right question for you guys here

ive got a job starting 2moro, im leaving kinross (just north of edinburgh) at 4pm
im driving down to slough

the loads to be there around 1/2pm on thursday in slough

as ive not driven a truck this week yet how would this go on the whole 10 hour driving time for the day?

would i be better driving till around 10/11pm then stopping for 9 hours and starting the whole cycle over again?

can you not get the load away earlier.

i would be tempted to try and leave about 2PM and drive for 3 hours(5PM), take 45(5.45), driver for 4(9.45PM) hours take another 45(10.30PM) then driver for 3(01.30AM). park up and take your nine then start again at 1030 the following morning.

if this works out ok you should be/nearly be in slough by the time youre ready for your 9 hours!

wake up all fresh for the following day and take another nap while tipping!

gogzy:
ive got a job starting 2moro, im leaving kinross (just north of edinburgh) at 4pm

as ive not driven a truck this week yet how would this go on the whole 10 hour driving time for the day?

would i be better driving till around 10/11pm then stopping for 9 hours and starting the whole cycle over again?

don’t see any probs with the 10 driving hours BUT I would try to plan it so that the morning rush was missed

yea ive just checked the distance and its only 350 miles, so my thoughts were to just to drive it straight to the place and park in their yard/or outside it,take my 9 hours and by that time it will be around 2pm then i can drive back home and get home about midnight/2am ish on friday morning

so my 24 hours will start from 4pm 2moro?

and i cant go get the load earlier though i might pop in for half 3 so i can get on my way.

gogzy:
so my 24 hours will start from 4pm 2moro?

yes it will. or whenever you start!

cheers guys.

if anyone in the slough area sees a white koronka scania its me :slight_smile: so give me a flash and a wave lol

gogzy:
cheers guys.

if anyone in the slough area sees a white koronka scania its me :slight_smile: so give me a flash and a wave lol

oohh er missus! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gogzy:

You’re allowed to extend your driving time no more than twice within a fixed week, as you haven’t done any driving this week you’re certainly entitled to drive for 10 hours on both days if you wish.

The way I see it is that if you start at 16:00 and drive until about 22:00 or 23:00, with breaks you’re only going to be doing around 6.25 or less hours driving, I would have thought that would leave some doubt about you getting back to Kinross area the next day.

I make the shortest route 420 miles, It looks to me as if it could run into three days if you waste too much driving time on any day, that is assuming that you’re going back to the Kinross area.

well ive managed oxford street from kirkcaldy in 10 hours so im sure i can make slough in 10 hours i fi dont hang about.

though ont he way home ill probably park up at my g/fs in edinburgh as its ont he road back home then drive the truck home after 9 hours. so getting to edinburgh is my main concern ont he way back.

im sure i could do it.

you might be lucky makin it there and back depends on the traffic but I know it is a 4 hr drive from Sterling Services - Washington Services on a sunday

It takes me 3.5 hrs from Washington - Kinross without a limiter on a good day

Good luck though

im more concerned about getting down there tbh and as ill get that way late at night then i aint got much to worry bout, getting home im only worried about getting to edinburgh as i wont be able to get rid of the lorry till 8 or 9am so no point in getting there at like 3am.

I hope he’s got rid of that old silver MAN, i took that down to Nottingham for him, the thing was well tired, slowed down on every hill it hit when i came back up empty.

yea hes got rid of it, hes got a merc actros artic and the scanny rigid, which is alright.

ive driven worse.