Right or wrong ?

hey ive had my class 2 for just about a year now been doing bits n bobs of agency work but just a quick question, i was just wondering if i drive for 2 1/2hrs then tip can i drive another 2 1/2hrs back to the yard without a break as its not 4 1/2 hrs striaght driving ?

cheers for the help :slight_smile:

ste_leeson:
hey ive had my class 2 for just about a year now been doing bits n bobs of agency work but just a quick question, i was just wondering if i drive for 2 1/2hrs then tip can i drive another 2 1/2hrs back to the yard without a break as its not 4 1/2 hrs striaght driving ?

cheers for the help :slight_smile:

NOPE

A break of 45 mins or split into 15+30 must be taken before a total of 4.5 hours is exceeded

No you need a break of 45 mins 'cos you’ve been driving for 5 hrs with other work inbetween, if your waiting to be tipped try to use that as break, and if you get 15 in you only have to stop for 30 on way back

Foxstein:
No you need a break of 45 mins 'cos you’ve been driving for 5 hrs with other work inbetween, if your waiting to be tipped try to use that as break, and if you get 15 in you only have to stop for 30 on way back

Note that this means waiting to be tipped or being tipped by someone else, if your doing other work i,e helping tip then you cannot be on break

so could i do 2 1/2 hrs there tip have 15mins break then drive striaght back to the yard 2 1/2hrs, have my 30mins break get reloaded then back out ?

ste_leeson:
so could i do 2 1/2 hrs there tip have 15mins break then drive striaght back to the yard 2 1/2hrs, have my 30mins break get reloaded then back out ?

No, you have to have a 45min break before you get to 4 1/2 hours driving, you can take the break in 2 parts 15min and 30min the last part of the break must be at least 30 mins
You can then drive for another 4 1/2 hours

Drive there tip then 15min break drive so far back before the taco says 4 1/2hrs driving stop have 30mins break then carry on ? 4 1/2 hrs driving starts again ?

Still no, 4 1/2hrs s the main thing here and your doing 5 hrs so you need a 45 min break in there somewhere. Are you trying to do two runs a day everyday?
Is it 2 1/2 hrs to the place you tip then your shunting about for a bit then tipping, or does the 2 1/2 hours include the tipping?

ste_leeson:
Drive there tip then 15min break drive so far back before the taco says 4 1/2hrs driving stop have 30mins break then carry on ? 4 1/2 hrs driving starts again ?

yes as long as you do 15 then 30

ste_leeson:

Yes unless you can get a 45 min break in while your waiting to be tipped.
If you are doing 2 of these runs in your shift you can only do it twice a week.
Your othe shifts will have to be a maximum of 9 hours driving

cheers lads for all the help once again :slight_smile:

Just for yours and our peace of mind, are you doing two runs a day? If it takes 5 hours there and back it doesn’t allow much leeway for traffic jams etc. Are you on this run everyday?

nor mate once aday then on to my next drop somewhere else, max of doing it twice a week i think but am not sure on that bit yet lol

so you say you’ve been driving over a year mate >? but you dont understand the basics of driver hours >? hmm thats very worrying mate,

If I were you consider doing a dcpc module on drivers hours and regs module soon, to address any grey areas in tacho know how.

Yes i no the basics of hours etc, i was jst askin for abit advice