Right hand drive romanians

This morning whilst minding my own business westbound on the m62,passing another truck not fast enough for mr storm in his romanian registered right hand drive daf.
At about 70mph no time to wait out into lane 3 and off he went,
I have noticed a few of these right hand drive romamians working for continental cargo carriers on uk traction.
it stinks.

don’t get your point.
sorry.

My point is I detest eastern european trucks working in the uk competing unfairly and flouting the rules. and the fact that some of them are using right hookers shows that they are purchased with the intention of working in the uk.
cheap trucks cheap drivers cheap road tax,and there are drivers sat at home without work.

Nowt wrong with Romanians…

They are all ex National Express drivers…

The younger members of this forum may not understand the above comments, its an old drivers thing…

And what can we do about it? Come onto an internet forum and moan about it? Its a Euro wide problem, go to Number 10 DS and chap Gordon Browns head off then the next time you see your Romanian man hitting 70mph just give him a tail swing so he has to do some off road driving then im sure he’ll be off the road for a few days gettign repairs, but this moaning on forums aint going to help.

I get ur point but it is any different from the English/Irish who buy left hookers to do Continental work?

there’s no point moaning on tinternet as it’s the same all over europe now that we are all one big happy family :confused:
recently on spanish radio news it was reported that the spanish government had reached an agreement to repatriate some of the 700,000 Romanians now living in spain, a figure which eclipses the 300,000 or so brits here.
but the problem is they don’t want to go back to a country where the national average wage is 400 euros a month :open_mouth:
they get more than that on benefits so why go home to work for less :question:
its a tough world where we all have to suffer because of european expansion and until europe goes back to its original size it won’t get any better which is obviously NEVER going to happen so cheer up and learn to speak russian like the majority of “european” drivers do :confused:

ROADRANGER:
and the fact that some of them are using right hookers shows that they are purchased with the intention of working in the uk.

So it was all right for us Brits to buy left hookers to do the Continent and middle east with, then? Sorry, mate, for good or ill the British Empire went a long time ago!

In case any of you are wondering why I don’t post on here as often as I used to; it’s largely because of the persistent narrow-minded BS of people like this! :imp:

Well said Roadranger -at least you have the guts to say what most people feel…

i saw a bulgarian registered right hand drive last wek! battered blue iveco limiter off!

he wants to be careful as ivecos generally fall apart over 56!!!

i think he meant that the fact they were RHD,and were probably only working over here is the problem.yes,we buy LHD but not to solely work in 1 country.but as it’s already been stated the horse has already bolted so nowt we can do now.our own government abolished the cabotage rules so take the fight to big gord!! the sooner we oust him the better,and in an ideal world we actually vote someone with a spine in,who will stand up for this country and MAYBE get us back to being GREAT britain again.but i won’t hold my breath…

scaniaman:
…nowt we can do now.our own government abolished the cabotage rules…

Not true.

scaniaman:
…MAYBE get us back to being GREAT britain again.

Apart from some coastal erosion it’s still as ‘Great’ as it has always been. The word great in Great Britain refers to size, not achievement or superiority. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

truckermarcus:
i saw a bulgarian registered right hand drive last wek! battered blue iveco limiter off!

well if i’d have seen that, i’d have put the wire on, raced up alongside him, pipped my horn and shouted “oi, you’re limiters, not working”.

but then again, i may have thought, “He’s got the right idea”. :laughing:

There’s one answer which will sort out the problem with limiters.
“Do away with limiters”. problem solved.

do what i do pass them pull in nice n early try to wipe them out the sooner there off the road the better, ore we could send them all to ausschwitz… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

gorby1:
do what i do pass them pull in nice n early try to wipe them out the sooner there off the road the better, ore we could send them all to ausschwitz… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Its out of commission now. :unamused:

Yep, just checked and they don’t do that kind of thing anymore, not since it was liberated by the Russians on January 27, 1945. The town has reverted back from Auschwitz to its proper Polish name of OÅ›wiÄ™cim, so you need to know that for the correct directions.

I think you will find that many romanian truckdrivers are getting a bit more than what was posted here,a truckdriver from romania driveing a SILO earns
around 1,400pounds a month which may not be a lot for the UK but is where they come from,by the way thats with out night out money,which is extra, the wages are increaseing why because their cost of liveing like all other EU partners has increased,ask Orys about poland ,you will find his answers is the same.

ironstipper:
Working for Giraud, they work away for a month then home for a week, his salary was 42 euros a week, with 12 euros incidentals when in UK, it was less in other parts of euroland. He was not slating his company or his wage, in fact he said he lives like a UK MP with a moated mansion when he gets home on that wage.

They should at least be paying minimum wage when the driver is in the UK…

How about some sensible comments like :

Brits bought LHD trucks to make their round trips to the Continent safer, as we very rarely (at least in
the past) did domestic work in foreign countries, whereas the Rumos now have RHD because they are
working here for months on end and undermining our industry.

Should anyone from the Government/VOSA look to this forum for public opinion etc saying that you
cut in on them early or we should send them to Auschwitz will make them think we are all morons,
not just the select few.

It is true the Eastern Europeans, mainly Poles, I think, took jobs here, but 5 years ago good HGV
drivers were hard to find and a lot of our workforce were becoming unemployable (how many of you
looked down on working for certain companies or doing certain types of work would readily take a
job like that now?) a lot of these guys established themselves well, did a good job for the guvnor
and worked for British wages, not the knock down wages you all imagine or speculate over.

Therefore, in my opinion, British drivers only have themselves to blame for Poles etc taking the jobs
a few years ago, it didn’t trouble you then when jobs were easier to find - now it does, I wonder why?

However, Eastern Europeans working here internally is another subject entirely and needs to be
addressed sensibly and by the industry making firm representations to the Government and VOSA.

Keep it real.

K