Ridiculous

Removed

That’s nice dear

midlifetrucker:
Today I have driven 85 miles to a delivery and then back to yard. Reloaded and travelled 15 miles for a delivery. Time used so far 11.5 hours. Just plain crazy.

Can’t quite work out what your point is :confused: Obviously there was no back load for you to collect :confused:

midlifetrucker:
Today I have driven 85 miles to a delivery and then back to yard. Reloaded and travelled 15 miles for a delivery. Time used so far 11.5 hours. Just plain crazy.

surely it depends on the rates for the jobs- if he is getting £2 a mile round trip for the first job then local minimum rate for the 15 mile job , say £80 that’s £280 for the day with very little mileage (200 miles roughly) or fuel then he is not making a lot if anything, anything over them rates and he could be on a little earner. those minimum rate jobs , while not glamorous can give really good mileage rates - even better if your hired out on a hourly rate , I have a friend who is currently hired in at £300 a day for site work with a 18 tonner and hiab, the truck hasn’t moved or done a lift in 2 weeks and its on site and manned 7 days, 10 hours a day, but he has to be on site as part of the main contractors terms -on paper £300 a day is well below what he can earn, but in practise with little to pay out than standing costs his profit margin is a lot higher than days when he gains more turn over- in short its only crazy if you know what the truck earnt