Richard long

Now im thinking of calling Richard long about a position.
Fed up of being on boxes.
Can anyone put me right pay. Work attitude of planners etc thanks in advance.

do a search , plenty been said on here

Whats wrong with doing a fresh post

V8 Passion:
Whats wrong with doing a fresh post

Unless your blind or deaf or just trouble causing you already know enough about longs, and try and convince me otherwise.

The general concensus that’s what’s been posted here over the years is top class trucks interesting varied work but don’t expect to see home often and the attitude of the office stinks.

Just to humour you…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60533

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79831

:unamused:

V8 Passion:
Now im thinking of calling Richard long about a position.
Fed up of being on boxes.
Can anyone put me right pay. Work attitude of planners etc thanks in advance.

in breif and dont take this the wrong way but if your over weight, wear tracky bottoms and want too be paid a kings ransome then maybe longs aint for you, but if your fit, enjoy a variety of unusal work, can operate multiple farm machinery, know how too secure said loads, enjoy being spoken too like [zb] from the traffic office then the job will be for you.
thats what has been said on here before

scotstrucker:
being spoken too like [zb] from the traffic office then the job will be for you.

I honestly dont know how people can put up with that for any length of time. Plenty of firms run top motors so that can hardly be a reason to stay.

As I have said before (and 27,375,991 ex employees as well) once you leave the Wyndum yard and cross the bridge outward its like a breath of spring air :smiley:

Very good kit and woe betide you if not kept that way, once back in the yard you clean it and I mean deep clean it, Richard & Lorraine used to walk around the yard on a weekend and check, inside the cab and out. I think that’s a good idea mind.
Do the job and stay stum and you’ll be OK but if you cant keep ur gob shut don’t bother with an interview, and yes the planning office can and have declared to have parted the dead sea. Apart from all that I enjoyed working there, and I cant keep stum either but survived for a while without getting the sack but left to go back to sea. Amen.

raymundo:
Very good kit and woe betide you if not kept that way, once back in the yard you clean it and I mean deep clean it, Richard & Lorraine used to walk around the yard on a weekend and check, inside the cab and out.

Good job n all. Are you allowed to cook in the cab?

Saaamon:

scotstrucker:
being spoken too like [zb] from the traffic office then the job will be for you.

I honestly dont know how people can put up with that for any length of time. Plenty of firms run top motors so that can hardly be a reason to stay.

some guys do though so it’s each too there own when jobs are concerned.

scotstrucker:

Saaamon:

scotstrucker:

some guys do though so it’s each too there own when jobs are concerned.

Ive done the being spoken to and treated like ■■■■ thing, would stop driving before i ever went back to that!

I was told that the garage would not fit the 24v microwave I bought specially for the job because of the cooking smells would pervade the fabric of the cab :open_mouth: WTF, but I suppose it would be OK to take back some fish & chips? They took my omnimax tv aerial (mag mount) out as well as all the other gear I used for cooking so as I was putting it all in my car to go home I was asked what I was doing? ‘‘Going home stuff this’’ … Er but, the truck has to go out today. OK so gear back in the truck but not the Microwave, (till everyone was out of sight) Dover here I come … Play them at their own game.

Of topic but WTH ! Did anyone who loaded out of Utoxeter stock up with grub and eat at the nearby Tosco store? I did and there was a nice young Filipino lassie worked at the cafe. I told her about me working with her countrymen while at sea and mentioned a few Filipino place names and from then on got a full breaky and trimmings for just a few pence each time. Nice girl …

raymundo:
I was told that the garage would not fit the 24v microwave I bought specially for the job because of the cooking smells would pervade the fabric of the cab :open_mouth: WTF, but I suppose it would be OK to take back some fish & chips? They took my omnimax tv aerial (mag mount) out as well as all the other gear I used for cooking so as I was putting it all in my car to go home I was asked what I was doing? ‘‘Going home stuff this’’ … Er but, the truck has to go out today. OK so gear back in the truck but not the Microwave, (till everyone was out of sight) Dover here I come … Play them at their own game.

Sounds well over the top, do they search the lorries for “contraband” then? Not really much point in me applying then, burning through 15 mayfair and steak and mash dinner cooked in the lorry at the end of the day sounds like it would be enough to give them a heart attack.

Haha, as I started to read your thread about searching for contraband without looking at who posted it I thought Phil was interested in the job.
Er … steak :open_mouth: sausages in my case :frowning:
I enjoyed cooking outside the cab in nice weather but I learned the hard way not to put a hot frying pan down on a plastic battery box cover !!

God they sound like an absolute nightmare. Shame because it looks like a good job if it wasn’t for the morons running it. Reading stuff like this makes me even happier that I work for Virginia.

Just reminded me actually. Few years ago in Calais one of their drivers came up to me and asked me to look at some damage he’d done. He had just scraped the tank a little and bent a tank strap at a peage. Thought it strange he wanted some reassurance it wasn’t too bad which it wasnt so just said I shouldn’t worry im sure they’ll be fine (he was new) we all have scrapes. How little did I know.

switchlogic:
God they sound like an absolute nightmare. Shame because it looks like a good job if it wasn’t for the morons running it. Reading stuff like this makes me even happier that I work for Virginia.

Just reminded me actually. Few years ago in Calais one of their drivers came up to me and asked me to look at some damage he’d done. He had just scraped the tank a little and bent a tank strap at a peage. Thought it strange he wanted some reassurance it wasn’t too bad which it wasnt so just said I shouldn’t worry im sure they’ll be fine (he was new) we all have scrapes. How little did I know.

bet you never seen him again lol