Richard long transport

waddy640:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

waddy640:
Phillipa at Edmonds was the same.

I like the Edmonds, Phillipa ran the money and Graham kept the fleet running, they use to

have a decent business there , Graham was a character , I think they split up in the end

which is a shame.

Graham seems to be in the property letting business now.

Thats good , what happen to his yard?

He use to have a speedway bike hanging up in his workshop from when he raced , think he was something to do with kings lynn speedway , thats where that colour scheme for his lorriescame from.

Had a nice daughter and a great big ■■■■■■■■ dog in the office !

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

waddy640:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

waddy640:

I like the Edmonds, Phillipa ran the money and Graham kept the fleet running, they use to

have a decent business there , Graham was a character , I think they split up in the end

which is a shame.

He use to have a speedway bike hanging up in his workshop from when he raced , think he was something to do with kings lynn speedway , thats where that colour scheme for his lorriescame from.

I think Phillipa runs a business from the yard, there are signs for self-storage on the main road. I don’t know what else goes on there. I know she had a large house in Lower Stow Bedon a few years back.

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

waddy640:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

waddy640:

which is a shame.

That is Graham Edmonds sat on the bike. 1970 Kings Lynn Stars

Kings Lynn (1967)
Middlesbrough (1968)
Kings Lynn II (1969, 1970)
Boston (1971)

He was Team Captain for Kings Lynn before he was injured, he then became clerk of the course for Kings Lynn

Wheel Nut:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

waddy640:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

waddy640:

which is a shame.

Well done that is a interesting picture, I knew you would find one one day :wink:

He still looked the same last time I saw him although it was about fifteen years ago :exclamation:

He was a nice bloke , ran all ERFs I recall , had a nice Honda Aspencade.

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Wheel Nut:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

waddy640:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

waddy640:

which is a shame.

Well done that is a interesting picture, I knew you would find one one day :wink:

He still looked the same last time I saw him although it was about fifteen years ago :exclamation:

He was a nice bloke , ran all ERFs I recall , had a nice Honda Aspencade.

WAS?

“WAS” , just a figure of speech, he aint dead or I dont think he is .

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Do you want his phone number to confirm he is still living?

waddy640:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Do you want his phone number to confirm he is still living?

No thanks I will take your word for it :sunglasses:

fingersdaily:
so basically most of you lot on here have never worked for them and are just listening to drivers nonesense again. if you dont want to be away then obviously dont apply to work there, it may not suit you but thats no reason to slag the job off. you do get paid extra for being weekended and there are firms out there that pay much less for the same type of work. some people just like to get out of the house and get down the road driving to countries like italy, spain and greece etc and some people dont but i dont see how some of you can rip the job apart when youve never done it and have nothing but uk work to compare it too.

From what I can read here, not many are complaining about the job, they’re commenting on the owners of the operation! There’s an old expression that surely fits in this case… “There’s no smoke without fire…”

Just as there are companies that people want to work for because of “word of mouth” reputations, there are others people want to steer clear of for the same reasons.

That’s worth remembering if your business relies on having drivers come in and work for you.

you may be getting paid all your worth!

Richard longs, the facts!
varying degrees of kit, not all good!
wages are average, basic is taxed, all other eliments are paid via holland so not in line with uk pay structures, good and bad!
comunication skills of all staff other than the drivers, POOR in the extreme!
traffic coordination skills of transport operatives, ABBISMAL PERIOD!!! never overestimate these peoples abilities! I MEAN EVER!
Consideration for drivers private lives and arrangements, NONE WHAT SO EVER!
Companies care for drivers personal kit, None, Nada, Laughable really, but they are happy to watch foreign drivers steal your kit if you dare to go home for weekend, and then point out that drivers hand book says, your property is not companies liability, or covered by insurance, so dont expect your laptop,telly, ps3,stove, tools, dvds or camera to stay yours at R LONGS, oh and dont think twice about calling police in after all they do know the farm well enough to find it blind folded!
Companies abbility to honour booked holidays? THEY DONT GIVE A ■■■■!!
Companies attitude to the drivers? oh dear, silly question, they are sarcastic scum, they are inhuman parasites that are bereft of any hint of humanity,
companies understanding of the drivers job away from the yard, NONE AT ALL!
Transport office, A war zone!, opperators sabotage each others work, dont pass on comunications from those at front line which always reflects on the drivers and their reputation, office staff LIE and COVER UP THEIR INADEQUATE INABILITIES, IE wrong area code on paperwork given to driver! eighty ks worth of diesel taken from drivers wages + €50 FINE + DRESSING DOWN BY THE ANIMAL THAT IS R LONG IN YARD IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY! I SHOWED PAPERWORK TO PROVE OFFICE IN WRONG ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT I HAD FABRICATED THE EVIDENCE!! bizzare!
MORE TO FOLLOW.

So how long you been there and how did you find out about them?

So you are saying the company took money from your wages without your agreement?
I believe that is illegal ,contact your CAB office.

Transport office, A war zone!, opperators sabotage each others work, dont pass on comunications from those at front line which always reflects on the drivers and their reputation, office staff LIE and COVER UP THEIR INADEQUATE INABILITIES, IE wrong area code on paperwork given to driver! eighty ks worth of diesel taken from drivers wages + €50 FINE + DRESSING DOWN BY THE ANIMAL THAT IS R LONG IN YARD IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY! I SHOWED PAPERWORK TO PROVE OFFICE IN WRONG ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT I HAD FABRICATED THE EVIDENCE!! bizzare!
MORE TO FOLLOW.
[/quote]
Sounds like STOBRATS! :sunglasses: A PICNIC! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Longs have a permanent ad on their website for LGV one drivers.

The above statement is all you need to know about them. :grimacing:

PLEASE TAKE NOTE, I HAVE JUST WALKED AWAY FROM R LONGS.

I CURSE THE DAY THAT I JOINED THEM. THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE, ITS MY FAULT I DIDN’T DO MY RESEARCH.
HAVING WORKED IN FORMULA 1, GP2 AND OTHER MOTOR SPORT GENRES I WAS WELL PREPARED FOR R LONGS LOVE OF A WELL KEPT AND PRESENTED SCANIA, HOWEVER I COULDNT COMPETE WITH HIS PETTY, CHILDISH PLAY GROUND MENTALITY.

IF YOU ARE A DECENT ALL ROUND GOOD GUY THAT TAKES A PRIDE IN YOUR CRAFT, LOOK ELSE WHERE. YOUR EXPERIANCE WILL STAND FOR NOTHING! I HAVE OWNED AND OPERATED TWO OF MY OWN TRUCKS AND AS SUCH HAVE A FAIR HANDLE ON THE INDUSTRY, HOWEVER NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING AS FAR AS R LONGS ARE CONCERNED.

I AM GOING TO POST A “GUIDE TO EMPLOYMENT AT RICHARD LONGS” VERY SHORTLY. IT WILL BE AN UNBIASED, GENERAL GUIDE FOR ALL THOSE DRIVERS THAT ARE FALLING FOR THE THOUGHT OF A "CAREER " WITH NORFOLK/SUFFOLKS “PREMIER AGRICULTURAL HAULIER”■■?

tootzoot:
PLEASE TAKE NOTE, I HAVE JUST WALKED AWAY FROM R LONGS.

I CURSE THE DAY THAT I JOINED THEM. THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE, ITS MY FAULT I DIDN’T DO MY RESEARCH.
HAVING WORKED IN FORMULA 1, GP2 AND OTHER MOTOR SPORT GENRES I WAS WELL PREPARED FOR R LONGS LOVE OF A WELL KEPT AND PRESENTED SCANIA, HOWEVER I COULDNT COMPETE WITH HIS PETTY, CHILDISH PLAY GROUND MENTALITY.

IF YOU ARE A DECENT ALL ROUND GOOD GUY THAT TAKES A PRIDE IN YOUR CRAFT, LOOK ELSE WHERE. YOUR EXPERIANCE WILL STAND FOR NOTHING! I HAVE OWNED AND OPERATED TWO OF MY OWN TRUCKS AND AS SUCH HAVE A FAIR HANDLE ON THE INDUSTRY, HOWEVER NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING AS FAR AS R LONGS ARE CONCERNED.

I AM GOING TO POST A “GUIDE TO EMPLOYMENT AT RICHARD LONGS” VERY SHORTLY. IT WILL BE AN UNBIASED, GENERAL GUIDE FOR ALL THOSE DRIVERS THAT ARE FALLING FOR THE THOUGHT OF A "CAREER " WITH NORFOLK/SUFFOLKS “PREMIER AGRICULTURAL HAULIER”■■?

so not good then? :slight_smile:

DrivingMissDaisy:
So how long you been there and how did you find out about them?

I HAD WORKED FOR THEM FOR OVER A YEAR, I USED TO SEE THEIR TRUCKS ALL OVER EUROPE WHILST I WORKED FOR BRINOR AND DIFFERENT MOTORSPORT TEAMS. SO I APPROACHED THEM WHEN I WAS READY FOR A CHANGE FOLLOWING THE SALE OF THE TEAM THAT I WAS WORKING FOR AND THE END OF MY CONTRACT

Truckulent:
Longs have a permanent ad on their website for LGV one drivers.

The above statement is all you need to know about them. :grimacing:

THEY HAVE ALSO HAD A RUNNING ADVERT IN FARMERS WEAKLY FOR THREE YEARS NON STOP. MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WILL :grimacing: