RIC Training Sunderland

Looking at doing my ADR in the next month or so, has anyone had any experience of this company ■■

They`ve quoted me £376 for a 5 day course (packages & tanks)

Anyone who`s self funded their own ADR would be mst welcome to comment on the quote too

Thanks in advance

YOU MIGHT NEED…

I’M SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not sure about the Company but i have just booked myself on ADR course for next year. Does the quote include exams, if not they will cost you another £20 each, £200 for the 10. I have just booked myself on the course with Friendberry in Taunton, they give discount if you live more than 60 miles away. The total cost of the course is costing me £350 including all 10 exams.
Good luck with the course.

russjp:
They`ve quoted me £376 for a 5 day course (packages & tanks)

Hi russjp, that sounds ok as a quote, but does it include V.A.T?

As Rookie says, you need to be sure whether the exam fees are included too. :grimacing:

For your own peace of mind, please give them a ring and ask the right questions. :wink:

Just so you can see what I mean about the price of the exams, please click this link and read my last reply to adam79.
Please post-up if you think I haven’t covered your question. :smiley:

Rookie:
Not sure about the Company but i have just booked myself on ADR course for next year. Does the quote include exams, if not they will cost you another £20 each, £200 for the 10. I have just booked myself on the course with Friendberry in Taunton, they give discount if you live more than 60 miles away. The total cost of the course is costing me £350 including all 10 exams.

Hi Rookie, I have a high regard for Mr Friendberry, but he might be a little premature given the proposed changes that are probably about to come into force next year.

The ADR exam board (SQA) are currently in consultations with the DfT and the training industry about some proposed changes to the rules for ADR training and exams.
I don’t do MMTM, but the rumours circulating in the training industry are so varied that almost anything might happen. :open_mouth:
All I can say for a fact is that there’s to be a big meeting in Glasgow tomorrow (18th) due to kick-off at 10:30.

I’ll know more tomorrow evening, but I can’t attend due to a prior teaching engagement. :smiling_imp:

I booked my course for the end of september through A1 training in b’ham on friday costing me £450 with the vat for packages and tanks,and thats including the exam fees

although they are sending me to somewhere in Aldridge for the course,think its westgate

Not sure about the company but I heard a rumor that Tyne & Wear LGV are starting ADR training again as they are supposed to have bought some of the offices near the old Van Hee place in Gateshead

I was talking to Colin down at Tyne & Wear LGV at a meeting on friday morning and the way he was talking there are a lot of new courses going to be available including the Drivers CPC so it may be worth giving them a ring on 0191 4300505

The companies going from strength to strength and definitely on the up with one hell of a 1st time pass rate

They even had 1 driver Pass last Thursday with 0 points, now thats definitely a first for Gosforth Test Centre :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Anyone needing digs whilst they attend a course can also be put in touch with cheap lodgings :wink:

dieseldave:

Rookie:

Hi Rookie, I have a high regard for Mr Friendberry, but he might be a little premature given the proposed changes that are probably about to come into force next year.

The ADR exam board (SQA) are currently in consultations with the DfT and the training industry about some proposed changes to the rules for ADR training and exams.
I don’t do MMTM, but the rumours circulating in the training industry are so varied that almost anything might happen. :open_mouth:
All I can say for a fact is that there’s to be a big meeting in Glasgow tomorrow (18th) due to kick-off at 10:30.
I’ll know more tomorrow evening, but I can’t attend due to a prior teaching engagement. :smiling_imp:

Dave,any updates on what,if anything, was decided at the meeting?

gsm31:

![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/ADRARTIC.jpg) **HE WILL BE ALONG SOON** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I bet he is having his…

gsm31:

Hi gsm31, Sorry for the delay in answering. :blush:

I’ve given an answer HERE, because it was a good question, but unconnected to the OP.
I didn’t want to hijack his topic with an unconnected thread, I hope you don’t mind. :grimacing:

ROG:
I bet he is having his…

Not quite ROG, I did that but then fell asleep afterwards. :blush:

:blush: My apologies to gsm31 for that. :blush:

An update for dieseldave to look over -

The £376 includes : core packages tankers
all exam fees
vat

This seems like a good deal from what i can gather - they supplied a breakdown of costs as - £200 exam fees, £150 for the 5 days in the classroom and £26.25 VAT

Does this sound ok cos i`m seriously considering it for October(cant get time off for the september course :cry:)

I’M SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

russjp:
An update for dieseldave to look over -

The £376 includes : core packages tankers
all exam fees
vat

This seems like a good deal from what i can gather - they supplied a breakdown of costs as - £200 exam fees, £150 for the 5 days in the classroom and £26.25 VAT

Does this sound ok cos i`m seriously considering it for October(cant get time off for the september course :cry:)

Hi russjp, That price looks very good indeed mate. :grimacing:

There might be some extra forms to fill in, because there might be some regional funding at work here.

It’s still good value, so yes, I’d go for it ASAP mate. :smiley:

PS, I’m here if you get stuck. :wink:

Thanks for the advice mate and i`ll keep you in mind if anything crops up :smiley:

russjp:
Thanks for the advice mate and i`ll keep you in mind if anything crops up :smiley:

Hi russjp, it’s no problem mate, cos it’s what I do now. :grimacing:

Good luck with the course. :smiley: