Rhodi Preston

I was asked to use this to climb into the warehouse to load my trailer. I refused as it looked as if it was about to collapse, and I didn’t fancy injuring myself. I was made to walk round reception and through the offices. I pointed out to the loader if anyone had an accident using the pallet to get in the warehouse they would be in a lot of trouble. His reply was that he didn’t care. How many of you would have used this method to get inside.

picture uploaded to first post

3 point’s of contact when your climbing you will have signed of for your dccp so don’t do it cos if you get hurt you wont get a penny

samsgrandad:
3 point’s of contact when your climbing you will have signed of for your dccp so don’t do it cos if you get hurt you wont get a penny

Whilst your three points of contact rule is correct,i can’t see how to OP would of signed for it when sitting a DCPC course. He’d need to have done a working at Heights course, or followed a risk assesment and method statement and signed them i would of thought.

Whilst your three points of contact rule is correct,i can’t see how to OP would of signed for it when sitting a DCPC course. He’d need to have done a working at Heights course, or followed a risk assesment and method statement and signed them i would of thought.

Spot on, I did a risk assessment course many moons ago as I chaired a committee…you live and learn :blush: :laughing:

If they expect drivers to load from the warehouse, then they should provide proper access, a ladder fixed to the wall and some grab handles, like they have on waitrose sites, i would have told them i am gonna report them to H&S.

truckyboy:
If they expect drivers to load from the warehouse, then they should provide proper access, a ladder fixed to the wall and some grab handles, like they have on waitrose sites, i would have told them i am gonna report them to H&S.

Really? I would suggest you have too much time on your hands. If he didn’t fancy the quick make shift ladder route, it turns out there was a perfectly safe, scenic route, possibly taking you past some eye candy, and a toilet.

I have to be honest I jump on and off the bed of my wagon all the time,god help us if we had to hunt mammoths and walk over some rocks and ice to hunt our dinner :unamused:

I felt safe in a ball pool once, they where all foam balls as the plastic balls may chaff :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: