Rhodes..Another Greek island with old lorries still about

Wheel Nut:
Dear Mrs Bubbleman

You have been selected by the members of Trucknet UK to visit the beautiful islands of Malta and Gozo. Whilst Mr Bubbleman goes out to view the historic sites, you are at leisure to explore the beautiful sandy beaches and mountains with your friends. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Xe9-cjtus

just love the sound of the scammell gear change at 2.03

I wonder if that old Maggie was a retired Black Raven ■■■■ gas van?

Hello then,well last week it was holiday time…Rhodes was the better halfs idea for some sunshine,not what really my cup of tea as I aint one for lying on the beach,so a hire car is found and then after dropping her at the beach(with pals I hasten to add)its out and about to see whats around…as I suspected there aint much,heres a few from the 1st day

So the 1st shot,what a beauty and in real good condition…good start :smiley:

Round the next turning and this is parked up,this is in crap condition not like the F12,but she is an F16.

A bit further on and this one is posing on a piece of waste ground,looking between the body and the cab and a V8 is sat there,this 142 is an early one as its non intercooled…at a guess 1982/3…nice old girl :smiley:

The back streets of Rhodes town found a fruit market,this old M.A.N was obviously out of use but was taxed in 2008,unusual rear set up at the back,the word “Unterfleur” on the door suggests the power unit is underfloor.

Another F12,the trailer was incidentally a Merriworth.

Same firm as the last one but not in the same condition.

Dead chuffed to find this,an F89,the owner had had it for 20 years.

This was getting on a bit also,mid 90s at least.

A smartly turned out mixer,the driver didnt have a clue what I wanted,but waved his arms and shook his head…crazy englishman I bet he thought.

Ok,thats a few,if you want to see some more F16s,143s,2800s then let me know.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

hi marcus,
lets have some more please mate :sunglasses: .
regards andrew.

Demi Moore ( Gimme More )

Ok then,heres some more. :smiley:

A tridem set up at the back of this Scanny,at the fruit market again.

Heading back to the resort,this was spotted,a tidy old 'un…a bit “Marleyish” in my opinion.

A workworn topline,looked good with a spreadaxle tandem on its back,quite a few of these trailers were still about.

Couldn’t pass this SK Merc without geting a pic. :smiley:

Finally for this bunch is this 2800,not a drawbar though and was well tyred all round…dear old thing.

Hope these are of interest,

more more :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: please :smiley:

Hi then,heres some more.

An ex Gam Bakker F16 from Holland,still in his livery…I expect the extra axle was shoved up its rear end in Greece.

Rhodes docks,this was heading for the “out” gate,then at the last minute veered right :open_mouth: :open_mouth: so a hurried shot through the fence was called for,thats why theres crap in the foreground :unamused:

Not too exciting a lorry but you just dont see them over here anymore.

Again not exciting but its unusual and its a Maggie.

Same place as the Magirus,an old quarry…this was left to die and to be honest there wasn’t much that was any good. :frowning:

Still more to come if anyones interested,

Dear Mrs Bubbleman

You have been selected by the members of Trucknet UK to visit the beautiful islands of Malta and Gozo. Whilst Mr Bubbleman goes out to view the historic sites, you are at leisure to explore the beautiful sandy beaches and mountains with your friends. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello again,Malc…I’d love to give Malta a go but I believe that most of the real good stuff has gone,Mrs Bubbs is pretty fair mate,always patient when I stop to take photos and gives me her blessing when I go to Holland most years… :wink:

Ok,I’ll make this the last posting…I’ve got more but theyre a bit samey :confused:

That old quarry again,some good stuff was in here

This is a bit rare,never saw a 95 8 wheeler in england.

Another old F12,this one heading for the ferry.

How about this baby! …excellent condition for the year,Andrew(pete359) what do you think about this 'un?

This one was spotted in Rhodes docks waiting for the ferry ,earlier we saw it in the middle of nowhere and posed the question “where has he loaded that” as theres very little industry,anyway a few kms after we see tyre marks leaving dust tracks coming from between a hedge.A quick turn around takes us to a water bottling plant and the next pic is what we found :smiley:

What a classic F16,ready to drive home to england,even the trailer had a Cravens Homalloy body on it…I saved the best til last. :smiley:

hi bubs,
i loved that 44 merc :sunglasses: mate,though knowing me as well as you do,i think you already knew that.i love these holiday photos :sunglasses: :sunglasses: .you are also right about malta,it’s all daf cf’s now :frowning: .most,if not all the older stuff is not working anymore.
regards andrew.