RHA

I have a deep dislike for the RHA.
Yea, I get that they represent the haulage industry and not truckers but still…
Lets be clear what their goal is: To have more truck drivers then the industry needs for the busy periods when demand increases. Even if that means having many drivers on standby/not being used when the industry is quiet. The so called ‘HGV Shortage’ is a myth. Because we are not like other professions like the NHS where there is an actual shortage. With our industry the requirements for how many drivers we need changes month to month.

I encourage you to youtube some videos of the ‘RHA Driver Shortage’
youtu.be/5nGNfhpBxb8
youtube.com/watch?v=XdcMBgBY5mU
politicshome.com/members/ar … enticeship

Do not forget that it was these guys that said the government needed to intervene or we would have empty shelves. lol.

So now we are funding this industry through our taxes.
fleetpoint.org/driver-train … -training/
I can not get an exact figure of how much they are spending on hgv training.
Why does this bug me? Well we know the RHA want more drivers because they think the amount drivers get paid is too much. It cuts into their clients profits. So more drivers equals you get paid less. Supply and demand.
Also the majority of HGV drivers paid for their training themselves, it seems unfair that some get it for free. Yea, fair enough if you served in the Army you deserve free training.
But I guess the most egregious offence is people going through all the training, even free or having to pay for it themselves which costs upwards of £3k-5k now. Only to find that there may not be a job waiting for them. But ‘here is a agency, if we need you we will call you’.
There is a thread in the newbie section for example about a new pass who can not find a job.

Yea, it is a little quiet at the moment and I do expect it to get busy again in the run up to Christmas as stores prepare for Xmas. Then, it will get in my view extremely dry after January. I do not expect there to be much demand for truckers in the first 5 months of 2023. I may be wrong but who knows.

So, this is just a rant and serves no real purpose other than to say ■■■■ the RHA.

adam277:
I have a deep dislike for the RHA.
Yea, I get that they represent the haulage industry and not truckers but still…
Lets be clear what their goal is: To have more truck drivers then the industry needs for the busy periods when demand increases. Even if that means having many drivers on standby/not being used when the industry is quiet. The so called ‘HGV Shortage’ is a myth. Because we are not like other professions like the NHS where there is an actual shortage. With our industry the requirements for how many drivers we need changes month to month.

I encourage you to youtube some videos of the ‘RHA Driver Shortage’
youtu.be/5nGNfhpBxb8
youtube.com/watch?v=XdcMBgBY5mU
politicshome.com/members/ar … enticeship

Do not forget that it was these guys that said the government needed to intervene or we would have empty shelves. lol.

So now we are funding this industry through our taxes.
fleetpoint.org/driver-train … -training/
I can not get an exact figure of how much they are spending on hgv training.
Why does this bug me? Well we know the RHA want more drivers because they think the amount drivers get paid is too much. It cuts into their clients profits. So more drivers equals you get paid less. Supply and demand.
Also the majority of HGV drivers paid for their training themselves, it seems unfair that some get it for free. Yea, fair enough if you served in the Army you deserve free training.
But I guess the most egregious offence is people going through all the training, even free or having to pay for it themselves which costs upwards of £3k-5k now. Only to find that there may not be a job waiting for them. But ‘here is a agency, if we need you we will call you’.
There is a thread in the newbie section for example about a new pass who can not find a job.

Yea, it is a little quiet at the moment and I do expect it to get busy again in the run up to Christmas as stores prepare for Xmas. Then, it will get in my view extremely dry after January. I do not expect there to be much demand for truckers in the first 5 months of 2023. I may be wrong but who knows.

So, this is just a rant and serves no real purpose other than to say [zb] the RHA.

I think the government are indeed ‘doing something about it’ if you factor in the massive onslaughts to our shores chez Dover on a daily basis.
Probably also the foundation of a future militia/internal police force being mooted for when our own indigenous yeomanry are being fed into the Zio/Neocon sausage machine project they’re working on Ukraine way. I wouldn’t be too concerned about these more low hanging fruit issues old bean considering the bigger deal playing out.Maybe stock up on non-perishables,develop some camping/survival skills and acquire some kit,tents,wood-burner stoves etc.

Ukraine fight for their country …WE GIVE OURS AWAY…well the ruling class have given it away :imp: