RHA vs the home office

Noremac:
Part of the visa criteria is a salaried job from a sponsor. This doesn’t quite fit with the manure being posted above.^^^^

The government can and does move the goal posts at any time they want. Don’t be so naive.

DCPCFML:

Themoocher:

Conor:
The thing is though there’s a shortage over in the EU and wages have gone up over there too. Who in their right mind is going to come to the UK to drive on our roads and put up with the crap you have to in the UK as a lorry driver where for the same money or not much less they get much better working conditions, especially when you think about all the costs involved and the current issues around travelling back home to see family because of covid travel restrictions.

I think they’ll get a shock if they do do this short term visa and you won’t get more than a handful at most.

Forget EU and eastern Europe. that’s been done and worked for the past 20 years.
Now what happens if the skill shortage visa starts for truck drivers.
Eddie stobarts hires a recruitment agency in the Philippines and advertises jobs in the UK for 8 pound a hour plus overtime with accommodation provided on site in portocabins.
There will be millions of applications.
These lads in Philippines are only on 10 quid a day.
Philipenos and Indians go and work in the middle East for peanuts like 2 or 3 pound a hour.

I think you are on the right lines with this , moocher. Throw in accom as well and you can do all sorts of trickery with the numbers to make it too attractive to the Filipinos to pass up whilst flouting the NMW rules. I wonder if we’ll see this first in the farming sector as many of those operations provide you with a caravan to live in on site.

That’s what the haulage companies and rha are dreaming about and masterbaiting over. but I doubt it will happen.
What I can see happening is the home office saying ok ok we will put truck driver on the skill shortage list but you will be paying them the same as ever other skill shortage job.
Which I belive is 27k a year for 40 hours a week.
They cant just let the haulage companies and RHA do what they like and try calling shots over immigration or the same will happen with every other job and industry.
The haulage firms will need to do what every other company in the county does that wants skilled migrants here.

What I have says aswell I really dont get it.
the price of materials on sites timber, bricks and scaffolding and any thing you can think of has tripled over the past year. People are still buying the materials at new prices and putting it on to the costs of houses. it’s now costing 20 or 30k extra on a house for materials that the consumer is paying for. There still buying the materials and people are still paying for the houses.
What are they scared of to increase the prices of moving the materials.
If you dont want to pay to move the materials at the set new rates get someone else to move them.
Everything else is going up in price. so is the price to move anything around from A to B in haulage.

fridger:
Biggest positive I have heard so far, is the fact the home office is flatly refusing to cooperate with this nonsense. Border controls were a pretty big element of the whole Brexit jobbie after all.
Of course if they decided to import drivers it won’t just be Europeans this time I suppose :open_mouth:

Kalahari bushmen,Aborigine,Innuit…only a matter of time. :open_mouth:

Themoocher:

Franglais:

Themoocher:

Themoocher:

Conor:
The thing is though there’s a shortage over in the EU and wages have gone up over there too. Who in their right mind is going to come to the UK to drive on our roads and put up with the crap you have to in the UK as a lorry driver where for the same money or not much less they get much better working conditions, especially when you think about all the costs involved and the current issues around travelling back home to see family because of covid travel restrictions.

I think they’ll get a shock if they do do this short term visa and you won’t get more than a handful at most.

Forget EU and eastern Europe. that’s been done and worked for the past 20 years.
Now what happens if the skill shortage visa starts for truck drivers.
Eddie stobarts hires a recruitment agency in the Philippines and advertises jobs in the UK for 8 pound a hour plus overtime with accommodation provided on site in portocabins.
There will be millions of applications.
These lads in Philippines are only on 10 quid a day.
Philipenos and Indians go and work in the middle East for peanuts like 2 or 3 pound a hour.

The only possible saving factor is if the UK government stick to a minimum salary for immigration requirements on the skills shortage lists.

£26,500 currently I think?

Yeah that’s for a basic 40 hours a week.
which is nearly 13 pound an hour.
By the time haulers pay for the visa and immigration lawyers fees with the risks of hiring a foreigner it’s probs not worth the risk.

The gov site gives the pay figures.
I don’t see it saying 40hrs weekly there. Have I missed that bit?

gov.uk/government/publicati … tion-codes

Themoocher:
Skilled Worker visa: going rates for eligible occupation codes - GOV.UK

Thanks
39 hour week

Franglais:

Themoocher:

Thanks
39 hour week

immigration is a minefield
I have immigrated myself and it’s just a nightmare and governments change the goal posts and requirements constantly.
the more I read it the more confusing it gets
If your job is on the skill shortage lists you can work for 80% of the going rate in your trade aswell

Does anyone honestly believe that increasing pay by £1-2 per hour is going to attract 100 000 (probably itself overstated but ler’s go with that) new drivers? For starters, stop paying people for sitting on their a££es at home doing nothing. They (goverment) even running ads on the radio now inviting people to apply for universal credit and ,other benefits’’ - LOL?? Meanwhile I went to my local McD yesterday - there were more than 30 delivery drivers inside waiting for orders…If people are poor because covid how come stuff can’t come back on the shelves fast enough? We just went through the biggest (only ever?) economic SHUTDOWN and recession ever, EVER?! Something is clearly wrong here and real consequences are yet to emerge.

This is worth watching youtube.com/watch?v=fGteW_KViqk

Baroness Vere ■■ / the government / home office are really not keen on giving in to the RHA / logistics industry demands … as they see it the industry has had plenty of time to get its recruitment in order, they have had the hgv levy, apprenticeship levy and other grants thrown at them and they have done nothing to get their house in order. This issue has been long coming, it is not a surprise element of Brexit or Covid alone.

I think even if they do cave in on the " immigration status " they will attach very onerous conditions.

Cast your mind back it was only about 1 year ago someone on here posted a link to a job at ■■■■■■■■ Richards which was some sort of sharing a dormitory with only 1 other person and maxing out your hours for minimum wage and a bit of night out money :open_mouth:

RHA are not interested in the industry at all, all they’re interested in is keeping the wages low.

Glad the government is not giving in. I can’t see how EU workers could help anyway, they’re getting higher wages back home and the cost of living is not as much as here - and the language is native.

This is the only truthful story I’ve seen about the driver shortage -
theloadstar.com/haulier-superma … -equation/

As for drivers joining unions, why would you want to join a union as an indigenous white male? When was the last time you heard the Labour party or a union defend such people?
Apparently, we’re the problem.

Build5:
As for drivers joining unions, why would you want to join a union as an indigenous white male? When was the last time you heard the Labour party or a union defend such people?

My area Union rep got me out of a jam 2 years ago. His knowledge of workplace law tripped up our so called Managing Director when he put a target on my back.
Plus my company “pays” my union subs as I skank 2 x half hours per month so they in effect payed for my defence team :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dont believe everything you read in the Sun mate, unions are a force for good for the working man regardless of the colour of your skin or the angle of your dangle. Its the fat cat bosses with their media tycoon mates that use the divide and rule to try and put us in our place.

msgyorkie:

Build5:

My area Union rep got me out of a jam 2 years ago. His knowledge of workplace law tripped up our so called Managing Director when he put a target on my back.
Plus my company “pays” my union subs as I skank 2 x half hours per month so they in effect payed for my defence team :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dont believe everything you read in the Sun mate, unions are a force for good for the working man regardless of the colour of your skin or the angle of your dangle. Its the fat cat bosses with their media tycoon mates that use the divide and rule to try and put us in our place.

I’m glad to hear something positive about a union for once and glad they stood by you. But you’ve got to admit the Labour party (and by virtue of being their largest donors) the unions seem to have decided the white workingclass is some disgusting throwback they need to cleanse themselves of. It’s the reason most people claim they don’t vote labour any more and this is from ■■■■■■■■■ Labour voting areas.

I’d definitely be up for joining a Teamsters type outfit with a Jimmy Hoffa at the helm. I wouldn’t give my money to any of the unions out there today. If what I read is lies then unions obviously need better PR people. I have a suspicion it isn’t.

Build5:
But you’ve got to admit the Labour party (and by virtue of being their largest donors) the unions seem to have decided the white workingclass is some disgusting throwback they need to cleanse themselves of. It’s the reason most people claim they don’t vote labour any more and this is from ■■■■■■■■■ Labour voting areas.

The unions and the Labour party are barely on speaking terms anymore - does anyone seriously think Len McCluskey and Kier Starmer are of the same political kind?

The liberal right also seem to have a surefire way of purging pro-worker figures from unions and political parties that have democratic elections.

First they launch a push to get what they call a “moderate” installed (perhaps even by signing up bosses and their lackeys to the organisation), that “moderate” then attacks workers or does nothing to fight bosses (because they’re “moderate” on these issues, yes?), and finally many workers tear up their votes and stop paying their subs, guaranteeing that the allies of the bosses are now in permanent control (because workers won’t pay the subs necessary to keep their vote).

Build5:
If what I read is lies then unions obviously need better PR people. I have a suspicion it isn’t.

What do you read? If its stuff published by and edited by the likes of the Barclay Bros, Murdoch, etc then there wont be anything remotely favourable to the unions there.

Themoocher:

Franglais:

Themoocher:

Thanks
39 hour week

I have immigrated myself and it’s just a nightmare and governments change the goal posts and requirements constantly.
If your job is on the skill shortage lists you can work for 80% of the going rate in your trade aswell

Oh dear, what a pity. Never mind. Maybe go home?

Build5:

Themoocher:

Franglais:

Themoocher:

Thanks
39 hour week

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DCPCFML:

Build5:

Themoocher:

Themoocher:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I imagine that the spirit of Oscar Wilde is trembling that his reputation is under threat from such witticisms.
I dont know where Themoocher originated, emigrated from, immigrated into, nor owt else about him/her. But the message in the post is clear, and the above posts arent talking of the post, but are talking of the poster…
We can draw our own conclusions from that.

(Ive had to chop one post because 4 cant be embedded, I`m not attempting any trickery)

Build5:

Themoocher:

Franglais:

Themoocher:

Thanks
39 hour week

Go home
Are you taking the p##s■■?
Probably done alot more for the queen and country than you.
But I also aint lived under a rock all my life and lived in different places and have went through the immigration process.