RHA sacking - place your bets!

switchlogic:

Build5:
[
It seems you want a closed system where companies can bring in cheap foreign labour but not cheap trucks and companies.

Where did I say that?

We’re on the same page then.

If we both agree Boris is right to threaten to bring in foreign truck drivers (in foreign trucks) and we both agree that’s a good thing…and you’re a remainer and I’m for Brexit and he’s satisfied both of us how exactly has he failed?

I’m really struggling to see your logic here?

Build5:

switchlogic:

Build5:
[
It seems you want a closed system where companies can bring in cheap foreign labour but not cheap trucks and companies.

Where did I say that?

If we both agree Boris is right to threaten to bring in foreign truck drivers (in foreign trucks) and we both agree that’s a good thing…and you’re a remainer and I’m for Brexit and he’s satisfied both of us how exactly has he failed?

You don’t represent many Brexit supporters opinions. As previously stated hes twice now sold Brexit voters down the river. Give people the Brexit they voted for, this isn’t it.

switchlogic:

Build5:

switchlogic:

Build5:
[

Where did I say that?

You don’t represent many Brexit supporters opinions. As previously stated hes twice now sold Brexit voters down the river. Give people the Brexit they voted for, this isn’t it.

Twice?

You mean when Rod McKenzie leaked a report about “some delays” for fuel deliveries and he leaked to the press FUEL SHORTAGE!!! Thus creating panic. Is that what you mean?

Creating national panic is treason. Anyone involved should be tried as a traitor.

Then the government caved to public demand (created wholly by the RHA on a lie about fuel) to allow 5,000 EU drivers until Xmas that every driver knew would never happen because of IR35 and those drivers were never coming back on a tenner an hour if they had to pay tax on it?

Is that what you’re taking about?

Then the RHA doubled down and tried to cancel Xmas and leaked more toilet roll shortages then the government called their hand and said they’d remove Cabotage and the industry sh*t itself …and that’s the last we heard of shortages lol lol lol

The RHA want cheap foreign labour. You want open borders. I’m happy to see every UK haulage company that has abused drivers open itself to true competition.

I’m a Brexit voter. You’re talking to me. Let’s not go down the road of some imaginary person that fits your ideal. Talk to me.

I want unlimited Cabotage. Do you?

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

cav551:
MSN

“Prejudiced against Brexit”? “Hijacked by remainers”?
Or maybe, the companies have reason to be discontent? And the Gov is attempting to freeze out opposition and debate?
Easy to see where this news outlet is coming from.

Well said

Yes they may have reason to be discontent but then if they treated their employees with a bit of respect they might not be in the crap that they are now. I fully get that the RHA is for the companies and not the drivers yet any organisation that doesn’t criticise it’s members for their treatment of employees deserves all the criticism it gets and when it is repeatedly pointed out to them why there are problems with recruitment and retention they repeatedly fail to take any action then don’t be surprised if the government doesn’t play ball with them. If they had heeded the advice given to them after their all party commons select meeting then maybe the government would be a bit more sympathetic towards them basically they stuck two fingers up to that advice yet expect the government to take them seriously.

Build5:

switchlogic:

Twice?

1st giving out visas to foreign drivers. 2nd cabotage.

Build5:
I’m a Brexit voter. You’re talking to me. Let’s not go down the road of some imaginary person that fits your ideal. Talk to me.

That’s ironic

Build5:
I want unlimited Cabotage. Do you?

I want the Brexit people voted for, so no.

I think we’re done here, have a lovely evening

switchlogic:
Maybe you can’t seen things from alternative viewpoints but most of us can. He’s sold Brexit voters down the river and still so many Brexit voters throw the blame at everyone else. Doesn’t take a Brexit voter to see that.

The government’s anti road transport agenda is a cross party one and it existed before we joined the EU.
This is not and never has been a pro road transport country.
The RHA can’t be blamed for that but they can be blamed for being complicit in helping the government to impose it at every turn.
As for the EU it obviously veers between the Scandinavian attitude to road transport to as much if not more of a rabidly anti road pro rail one than the Brit government.Such as the laughable 40 tonnes max gross weight and similar fuel taxation policies.