RHA pocket guide - spot the missing icon!

Anyone?

Time Utc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm, you might be right, but I was thinking of the funny little diamond-shape that pops up after DVSA Bluetooth your digicard. I had it a couple of years ago, and if I hadn’t heard somebody talk about having to contact the manufacturer to ask what the symbol was, I’d never have known - it doesn’t appear in the manuals.
I guess you’d call it “You’ve been Vosa’d!”?

Shandy123:
Hmm, you might be right, but I was thinking of the funny little diamond-shape that pops up after DVSA Bluetooth your digicard. I had it a couple of years ago, and if I hadn’t heard somebody talk about having to contact the manufacturer to ask what the symbol was, I’d never have known - it doesn’t appear in the manuals.

Did that someone tell you it was £30 a turn of the legs too? :unamused:

The little bolt of lightning that tells you your time’s nearly up.

OVLOV JAY:

Shandy123:

Did that someone tell you it was £30 a turn of the legs too? :unamused:

No, but he did show me the golden rivet…

How about the lollipop that flashes up occasionally?

Does your tachograph really have Bluetooth? Can you turn it on & off? What else does it do? Can you use it with your phone? Do you believe everything you read?

Born Idle:
Does your tachograph really have Bluetooth? Can you turn it on & off? What else does it do? Can you use it with your phone? Do you believe everything you read?

You can get a Bluetooth dongle for Exakt Duo tachographs and use it with apps on your phone.
optac.info/uk/download-tool … nk-dongle/

What would be the point of Bluetooth on your tachograph?
The reach of Bluetooth is a couple of meters, in moving traffic you cannot if lock in on the car beside you.
Just put you phone on search in a car park and check how far you can go from your headset before the connection breaks.
If they wanted to download your tach on Bluetooth, the DVSA vehicle need to cling on your side (directly beside the cab) for miles and miles.
Ever tried to download your tacho on a dongle? 5 minutes is nothing, especially Stoneridge can take forever and a day.

Whether or not they use Bluetooth or some other wireless protocol I’m sure I’ve read that Vosa want to be able to download tacho data without the driver knowing while driving along.

coiler:
Whether or not they use Bluetooth or some other wireless protocol I’m sure I’ve read that Vosa want to be able to download tacho data without the driver knowing while driving along.

And with the introduction of the ‘smart’ tachograph in 2019 they will be able to, along with lots of other information :smiley:

That half a card black box that turns into the full card icon after your card has properly loaded.

After insertion it takes a good 2 minutes before mine is ready for action.

shep532:

coiler:

And with the introduction of the ‘smart’ tachograph in 2019 they will be able to, along with lots of other information :smiley:

Id we get our brexit then these things may not end up in uk registered lorries , as it is seems to be more bile for that dictatorship EU JRC news and updates - European Commission

Info on what the capabilities of this so called Smart tacho Changes to digital tachographs — the “smart” tachograph | Croner-i

shep532:

coiler:

Personally I don’t mind that, as the old saying goes "if you’ve nothing to hide you’ve… oh hang on a minute, wrong thread.

POA

Is there a tossing it off icon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulNowak:
Is there a tossing it off icon?

Yep, it’s an icon of a beaver.

bjd:
POA

First one in the right hand column, between the activities heading and the driving symbol.

can’t see the what the missing icon is and can’t think that I’ve ever needed to use it so I’ll not lose much sleep over that.

so what was it ?