RHA notes vs EOS notes

Hey Folks,

So I’m currently working as a transport admin for a company that deals with waste. I’m currently home studying for my CPC using a colleagues notes. However, these are all scribbled over and there are pages missing etc. I’m looking to buy my own notes and see that some people like the RHA notes and some the EOS. I believe they are both very similar. However RHA offer a CD package along with the notes for £160 odd quid. Whereas, EOS can supply just the notes for £115 odd quid. Are the CD’s worth it?

Anyone able to give some advice?

Thanks
Craig

hi , I sat my cpc last year and past in Feb, I would not bother, pay to go on the course, you will lrean more and gain more ideas, RHA are expensive at £160. I know a fella will supply them for £45 if needed.

I don’t study well in a classroom environment. I basically self studied my way through my HNC lol

I seem to do well studying myself as I do wee chunks then I go away and process it and come back and do more.

Also I know a good chunk of the stuff already as I studied business at college. I have knowledge on the business law, employee relations and accounts and budgeting as well as having a good grasp of driver hours and maintenence. I struggle most with the later module on the paperwork for goods and international stuff etc because I don’t work in a company that does any of that.

Plus I can’t justify over £1000 lol

Thanks
Craig

I past through home study, you should just continue what you are doing and buy yourself/ borrow a copy of transport manager 2016 as well as notes . As for the exam it’s not that hard if you have a interest.

In your situation, I would go on a course. I’ve recently done mine through a 2 week course, and its definitely worth the investment. I met some great people and we had a lot of discussion about things I’d never think to ask but were very useful. It also makes you aware of exactly what the examiners are looking for e.g. if you word your answer wrong, you may not get a mark etc and the support of the tutors in this process is invaluable.

The £60 set from EOS would be useful if you buy your own ringbinder. Each section has a case study and multiple choice question at the end. You can find past and practice papers on the OCR website.

Also be wary of using old notes- parts of these can be out of date. I had a book which I thought was great, until I read the part that said that it contains all the latest regulations up until 2004 :blush: