RHA is it worth joining

is it worth joining the RHA ive got everything filled in ready to post but £475 is it worth the money

The general consensus of opinion seems to be that they are only really interested in operators running 35+ trucks. I don’t know if that is true, just what small hauliers have always told me.

£475 , FOR WHAT ■■ for the Rha to sit and organise there yearly dinner dances, wouldn’t waste my money to be honest

My personal opinion based on personal events in the 80’s and 90’s leads me to say no.

Whether the benefits of membership are better these days I couldn’t say, as for them representing the Road Haulage Industry at government level is a load of tosh, what have they ever achieved for the run of the mill haulier? Lower fuel prices? Rebated Road Fund and I could go on, your membership will get them another dinner jacket invite to some club that wouldn’t ■■■■ on you if you were on fire.

The guy who turned up to see me in the late 80’s at my yard looked down his nose at me when I emerged from underneath a tractor that I was working on because I was covered in oil and grease, I purposely shook his hand because of this, I stayed a member for three years but never really saw any benefit of it, my customers wouldn’t accept the RHA conditions of carriage because it was always too low, I never used their insurance broker because I could always find a quote half the price and so on, but at the end of the day its your money fella.

There may be others on here who will advise the total opposite of me but I always saw it as a club for the big players while us small band of brothers were excluded from the party.

pretty much what ^^^^^ said

I concur with the other two.
You will get a monthly mag with pictures of the stobarts and what have you at the Dorchester and at conference in Malta,that just kind of rubs it in!
Save you’re hard earned and use it towards a nice holiday.

There is a credit option if you don’t want to pay all of it. You just need to ring up and ask. No credit check either just fill in a form and standing order mandate.

I let my membership lapse a couple of years ago, couldn’t see what I was getting for £700ish

Joined the FSB instead, £160 iirc

A complete and utter waste of money…always has been…always will be.

You have your answers on here my friend - from real trucking people and not the pretend office ones - good luck :wink:

brados:
You have your answers on here my friend - from real trucking people and not the pretend office ones - good luck :wink:

just what i was thinking, but they did drop it to £415.20 lol

burnley-si:

I’ve got an even better deal, just send me £300 and I’ll go out for a slap-up meal with all my mates and send you the photos. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

burnley-si:

I’ve got an even better deal, just send me £300 and I’ll go out for a slap-up meal with all my mates and send you the photos. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will go to £250 Harry, but only pictures of me standing by the pool in my tux.

p. s WTF is a tux? :grimacing:

Harry Monk:

burnley-si:

:laughing: :laughing: can i come

burnley-si:

Harry Monk:

burnley-si:

:laughing: :laughing: can i come

It’ll cost you another £300 if you want to go :wink:

brados:
I will go to £250 Harry, but only pictures of me standing by the pool in my tux.

p. s WTF is a tux? :grimacing:

This is my final offer.

For £200 I will stand outside Mansion House wearing a fat suit next to David Cameron, holding up a huge sign saying " I don’t give a monkey’s if eastern Europeans take over Kent’s continental transport industry, I’m only interested in Stobart and Wincanton". :stuck_out_tongue:

£415.20, you say, by coincidence I’ve got a pile of old rope in my yard you can have for exactly the same money.

In case anyone was wondering the FTA are no better either.

no. not fit for purpose.does nothing for its members at all,like ppi should be made to refund its members. lol.

Okay I will take £50 for this big tin of magic beans, you will need a tin opener but at least you will be able to have a bubble bath tomorrow - which is far more than the RHA offer you.

Denis F:
I let my membership lapse a couple of years ago, couldn’t see what I was getting for £700ish

Joined the FSB instead, £160 iirc

FSB? I always knew you were a secret agent Russian spy type Denis although I didn’t realise they let just anyone with £160 in.

RHA = bunch of gob 5hites, in my humble, personal opinion of course. (I’ve never been in it).