Reynolds and knights of old

Has anyone had experience of working for Reynolds fruit & veg and Knights of Old logistics or heard what they are like to work for?

I worked for Reynolds. Was on nights. It’s ok but a few drops you hAve to carry the food upstairs as you have to load them in the freezer as no one else is in the building. Found the night part to much so gave it up for a day job… Which depot are you looking at?

Unless thing have changed Knights used to be low pay but a fancy Scania to tool around in. The drivers did get together and try to force a pay rise (this is a few years ago), but apparently the boss said it was his warehousing that made all the money and he would sooner get rid of the trucks than increase the drivers pay.

KOO
low rates, half decent trucks - heavy work!

Thanks guys. I was looking at Waltham Cross for Reynolds - decent rates. (29k, 48 hour week)
Knights of Old are lower paid and the depot I was thinking of has moved to Luton so that one is probably out the window.
What about Aztek based in Letchworth? They seem to be expanding and are looking for extra drivers.

Can someone please tell me where exactly Class 2 depot for Knights of Old are in Luton?
Can’t find any address for this location in any of their websites.

Thanks,

I was looking at Waltham Cross
Continental Express are looking for drivers, UK and Continental.

continentalexpress.co.uk/mainmenu.html

kindle530:
I was looking at Waltham Cross
Continental Express are looking for drivers, UK and Continental.

continentalexpress.co.uk/mainmenu.html

Don’t you just love job adverts without any detail about hours or pay at all, but that expect you to ‘a challenging day.’? :laughing: :laughing:

avoid :unamused:

It’s a challenge just to find the place.

The only KOO depot I’ve ever even seen is the Kettering one.

The trailers are better looking than the trucks as well. I see them in pallet depot queues, sitting on a bay on Milton estate, Didcot - but I’ve yet to see one on the M1 strangely… :open_mouth:

Knights of old have a depot in hitchin,herts.
my neighbour was doing class 2 multidrop in london for them-they just heap the work on,he knew he was going to run out of hours and was told to find a premier inn/travelodge etc and pay for it himself and claim the money back…NEXT MONTH FFS. so no overnight bag etc but was expected to sort himself out,all this when he was an hour or so from the yard!!
he doesnt work there anymore…

Cont Express is 28k with w/ends and 20 pound n/o. No ot rates as far as I heard. I didn’t take it.

Angloman:
Has anyone had experience of working for Reynolds fruit & veg and Knights of Old logistics or heard what they are like to work for?

Not sure if its changed hands now, but the owners of KOO got done a few years back for loads of taco offences and other fraudulent activity! It was that bad they got sent down for it! Also (might of been a different owner) a previous owner later murdered his wife!! A mate applied for a job and yes, its poor pay. He never took the job. Might of all changed now but it wasn’t that long ago

themattster79:

Angloman:

Not sure if its changed hands now, but the owners of KOO got done a few years back for loads of taco offences and other fraudulent activity! It was that bad they got sent down for it! Also (might of been a different owner) a previous owner later murdered his wife!! A mate applied for a job and yes, its poor pay. He never took the job. Might of all changed now but it wasn’t that long ago

Taco Offences - Sounds like they need to chilli out a bit !!

…makes it all sound rather similar to L S… doesn’t it?

I understand they’ve cleaned up their act of late - but I’ve yet to be arsed to get back in there to find out if that is actually true or not.

I didn’t get paid the last shift I went in there (A sittingbourne agency), and refused to use the “only” available vehicle, because it had umpteen major faults/defects on it - some of them easily licence endorseable even if I’d been pulled by the most rookie plod in Kent!

(Missing wheelnuts, dashboard not lit at night, bald tyreS, leaking suzies, very smoky exhaust, lens cluster completely broken away on trailer… you get the picture. That was around 2002.

Anyone working there now who would like to comment on just how much they’ve actually cleaned up their act?

OMG! I don’t think they are like that now! I have a close friend works for Knights of old, I’ll find out what they are like.

kyk:
Can someone please tell me where exactly Class 2 depot for Knights of Old are in Luton?

Thanks,

I had the same problem, but if you send them an email (job opportunities from their main website) they are good at getting back to you.
Andrew - the Hitchin depot has re-located to Luton.

kyk:

Thanks,

They are based next to Westferry printers who print the daily star & sport.Can’t remember the name of the road now.But if you go down the A505.You will see the printers.So just follow the road to the printers.You will see a road with a Vauxhall dealership on the corner.Turn down there and they are about 200yds down there on the right.