Revoked licence return, long road ahead

Just sent off my application for my class 1 to be returned after being taken away due to type 1 diabetes.
Let the long haul begin as they say, doubt it will take a few months lol.

From whats been posted on these issues it could be a very long journey, I really hopes yours goes well and you get it back without drama!

I had my licence taken off me in '94 for having to undergo a craniotomy and suffering one fit. When the time was up, I filled in a few forms, they wrote to my doctor and I got it back. Strange that I didn’t even have to take a test?!? Though for my own peace of mind I took a handful of lessons. Was like riding a bicycle. :grimacing:

dcgpx:
From whats been posted on these issues it could be a very long journey, I really hopes yours goes well and you get it back without drama!

+1.
Be prepared though because the dvla medical board can often play god when they want, they have the final say on these matters, even over a fully qualified medical expert in their own field. If you have to fight them, (i’m trying) they may or may not talk to you on the phone, they may or may not reply to your letters, (i’m still waiting) but they certainly won’t care about the affect their decisions have on your life.
The dvla and my local council are doing a very good job of ruining me, i know that sounds extreme but sadly its the truth.

Good luck though.

mine took 6 months, and I`m a regular medical renewee :laughing: mind you it was not without a fight, I even involved my MP ( didn’t get much help from her though ) just a few letters telling me what I already knew, and wrote a few to the Director of DVLA as well, the outcome was I eventually got it, and it was dated for when I wanted it ie August, when the renewal date was March, but I sent it off in February…good luck with yours.

Phoned DVLA yesterday and my licence is in the post. Class 1 reinstated for 1 year. Waited 15 years for this day. To say I’m chuffed would be an understatement. And they only took 5 months to sort it. Probably would not go back driving full time but it will be nice to have on option at something casual work just to keep ma finger in the pie so to speak.
DVLA,Can’t fault them. Great efficient bunch :laughing: