Revision/Best study material CPC Operator Transport manager

Hi, I am looking to find what is the best study material / easiest to understand?

EOS student notes?
Lowe’s Transport Manager’s and Operator’s Handbook?
RHA CPC for Transport Managers (Road Haulage) Home Study?
Or?

Any advice for someone starting from scratch to take the test in Friday 13th June much appreciated.

RHA classroom course, I know it £1,000 + but well worth it. Just did mine last time round I was thinking of going down homestudy and I’m so pleased I didn’t now.

All I have do know is sit and wait for R2 results :confused:

I took mine with the RHA.

I bought the home study course and went on the 10 day course (spread over about 3 weeks). And I needed it.

I got my home study course about 6 weeks before the actual course started so I could get my head round it all.

Glad i did!

I’d defiantly recommend the RHA course and asking for your study pack well before your course starts if you’re starting from scratch.

I got the Lowe book (latest edition) and read it from cover to cover but that was a waste of time for me personally, as I found it boring and didn’t take much of it in. Whereas my course notes were set out in modules with stage tests at the end - much more interesting. However the Lowe book came in useful when I needed a different meaning on a subject - It helped me to understand.

Good luck

I’m just waiting for my R2 results - due tomorrow :open_mouth:

When you say from scratch, do you mean you have no experience of driving at all? eg hours rules and regs etc? I would imagine it would be pretty hard to pick everything up doing a home study if you were a complete novice.

I did mine with an old Eos home study pack which i bought of a guy for £30! :laughing: . Managed to cram it into 4 weeks then took the tests, but I already had a grasp of most of the topics through driving. I would perhaps suggest doing a course if you were unsure. Expensive but you should hopefully pass first time!

The main advantage of going on the course is that they get you used to the way in which the answer the questions in R2 and what little clues to look out for here and there.

Other than that I feel that it was made more interesting with other people there giving their options and expereince which also helped with remembering certain things.

Anyway all the best for R2 when ever it comes (should be today as was told within 3 weeks and that was on 26th March)

Just had confirmation of R2 results by e-mail and am glad to say I was successful, good look to all others