Reversing

Well did my 1st days work last night in a double decker artic, it was an absolute dream to drive so smooth compared to a rigid. I was driving fine it felt dead easy and i felt like i was a natural to this until it came to the dreaded reverse. I was out with someone and he had to keep telling me what to do i got it in the bay with his guidance but i think i would still be there now if i was on my own. I was just wondering do any of you guys have a simulator that i could practice on maybe■■?

Damo_hall:
Well did my 1st days work last night in a double decker artic, it was an absolute dream to drive so smooth compared to a rigid. I was driving fine it felt dead easy and i felt like i was a natural to this until it came to the dreaded reverse. I was out with someone and he had to keep telling me what to do i got it in the bay with his guidance but i think i would still be there now if i was on my own. I was just wondering do any of you guys have a simulator that i could practice on maybe■■?

a simulator aint any good as your not really in the seat …

nothing better tha good old experience …
try booking with a school for a half day on the weekend for just reversing exercise

Play with it, as much as possible, the more you do, the better you will get.

Scania truck driving simulator is a good sim/game to use, will get you the base setup of how lorries react while reversing etc, hopefully it rubs off on you in the real work, it should do if you have a 900 degree wheel to go with the game, but if not buttons or a joypad will do

Also, euro truck sim 2 is a brilliant game, basically deliver trailers with different loads all over Europe in your own truck which you can customise, bigger engines, light bars different chassis, also you can hire drivers to work for you! :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

Regards Chris

martinviking:

Is that what she told you :open_mouth: mine said I’d Go Blind :sunglasses: :grimacing:

nick2008:

martinviking:

Is that what she told you :open_mouth: mine said I’d Go Blind :sunglasses: :grimacing:

Lol, that’s why I’m hopeless at reversing trailers.

at least they cared enough to send you out with another driver to start with
make the most of it and learn as much as you can from him before they send
you out on your own, it will hopefully get easier :sunglasses:

Done 2 reverses so far tonight and got them pretty much spot on. Positioning is the key to a successful reverse i have noticed.