Reversing Practice

Ok so I passed my C+E mid August, I wouldn’t say I was a natural at reversing it did come together at a late stage and the test was uneventful with 2 minors.

I’m lucky to have a job which pays more than I could get driving and I’m 20 years in to my pension there, so not intending leave but I love driving the arctics.

The plan was to do 3-4 days a month with an agency, to keep/improve my skill level.

I have registered with an agency, only last week and I am waiting to hear from them. My question really is there anyone that does “real life” reversing eg on to bays, between trailers etc.

I’d be happy to pay for some tuition time to lessen the embarrassment factor :blush: I’m in the Manchester area

Be paid to practice…
Join an agency…

As an agency driver, you are expected to reverse into things anyway, so the advice above is good.

Let’s hope the phone rings eventually, some of the high street stores I’ve seen are shall we say, “Challenging” !

Nothing like knowing you can do something before you add in poor lighting, customers cars on a car park, trailers a few inches apart and numerous other challenges :blush:

I’m sure that if you approach a local trainer they would do this for you.

I still regularly get out and look if I’m not sure, especially if it’s blind side, and don’t care who laughs at my cautiousness!

th2013:
I’m sure that if you approach a local trainer they would do this for you.

I still regularly get out and look if I’m not sure, especially if it’s blind side, and don’t care who laughs at my cautiousness!

Ignore who laughs mate its being professional making sure it’s clear not carrying on and hitting something,if they laugh do what I do ask em if they want to try soon shuts em up most of them can’t drive car muppets

Just bite the bullet and get out there mate.
Practising with a trainer might help slightly but there’s nothing like the pressure of the real world as you said - customer cars, people parked in your way, having to stop traffic and all the rest of it.

I don’t think you can really do this job without getting “thrown in at the deep end”. It really does all come with experience.

I’ve been doing it full time for a few months now and some days I’ll bang it on an awkward bay first time and others I’ll take multiple shunts and get all hot and bothered. Then I just tell myself to get a grip and calm down - soon get there.

Currently taking a break on the hard shoulder of the m3 because I got stuck in traffic and ran out of driving time… joyous.

dave_garner:
Currently taking a break on the hard shoulder of the m3 because I got stuck in traffic and ran out of driving time… joyous.

Shhhhhhhh !
Don’t admit that on here, you’ll get your Nuts Squashed. [emoji12]