Reversing practice and tips -please help

Hi all. Got my class 1 training 8th March exam on 10th. Could have had a bit of practice here at work with drivers instructor in the yard practicing reversing and getting ready for the test… but things have changed and he has to go nights to do drovers cpc…
Any good advice from anyone in the subject? I really want to pass 1st time and want to practice as much as possible to have some knowledge before i start training… thanks

I suggest a two-stage process:

1. Learn how to do the test reverse
  2. After you pass, learn how to reverse in the real world

With all the other things going on in your head, you’ll probably be better just concentrating on what you need to, then follow it up later with learning more skills and experience as a driver on the road. If you try to do it all at the start you might just succeed, but you might equally make a hash of the whole thing.

There are some professional trainers around these parts - I;m sure one of them will be along shortly to provide sound guidance based on knowledge, not on my ignorance.

Good luck whatever you do… :slight_smile:

Hi all. Got my class 1 training 8th March exam on 10th. Could have had a bit of practice here at work with drivers instructor in the yard practicing reversing and getting ready for the test… but things have changed and he has to go nights to do drovers cpc…

Is he learning to shear sheep :question: :wink: :laughing:
I live typos :exclamation:

Any good advice from anyone in the subject? I really want to pass 1st time and want to practice as much as possible to have some knowledge before i start training… thanks

Car + caravan or similar will get you into the principals

principals

… and principles!

I live typos :exclamation:

I love them.

Sorry ROG. Couldn’t resist it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

That type of reversing is very friendly so its a princiPAL :wink: - that’s my excuse and I am sticking to it :smiley: :smiley:

Brilliant LOL

Reversing on your test and real world is different so best not doing any before test.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reversing is one of those things that many folks worry about and, as a result, it can become difficult. Taught properly it ceases to be a big deal. So if you’ve got a good trainer with a properly marked reversing area you will be fine.

mdourish:
Reversing on your test and real world is different so best not doing any before test.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I do not agree - all practice is good

Whilst I can see that only really focusing on the test reverse has its merits for clarity, I do agree all proactive is good. But the OP hasn’t got that now as the trainer has let them down. :cry: So my advice is find a friendly co driver and blag a bit of ANY type of reversing practice. I had to really focus on which way to turn the wheel when I started, and the more practice I got, the more natural it became…

As for tips beyond that, come back once you’ve done a bit and ask again! :laughing:

Best of luck.