"Reversing is difficult"

…said my LGV driving instructor this morning.

“Stand over there and watch how a professional does it”, he continued, in a rather demeaning tone…

So I “stood over there”, watched him position all the cones strategically, and then plough the middle rear of his truck right over the top of the one he was meant to be going round.

“i didn’t set them up right”, says he. “Thats how NOT to do it”, Now YOU try!"

So I jumped in the cab, positioned the truck, and reversed into the bay without an error.

“I think you are improving”, he said.

DISCLAIMER : CHOOSE YOUR TRAINING PROVIDER CAREFULLY. IF YOU REQUIRE FURTHER INFORMATION ON WHO TO DEFINITELY AVOID, PLEASE PM ME.

Probably isn’t a morning person and to be fair how often in the real world are you reversing around cones? Would probably reverse it on a dime come midday.

Noremac:
Probably isn’t a morning person and to be fair how often in the real world are you reversing around cones? Would probably reverse it on a dime come midday.

Not a morning person ? ! Then dare I say it, he is in the wrong industry ?

He can definitely do it, I just thought it was amusing since he has come down on me hard that he is a God from on high that has passed his Cat C and never makes a mistake.
I didn’t say anything though, didn’t want to embarrass the chap.
He’s certainly been much more pleasant towards me since he did it.

If anything, it is a reminder not to be complacent and that anybody can make a mistake. Your reverse on the test is the one that matters. Best of luck with your test, I’m sure you will be fine.

Sounds like my instructor after a passed my C+E. About to leave the test centre to head back to yard and he gave it the old “I’m driving back, I’ll show you how it’s done properly”, then proceeded to mount the kerb on first two roundabouts and have to emergency stop at the third as he was going too fast and didn’t pay attention to the cars already going round!!

Was a proper ■■■■■

Yours wasn’t from Kent too were they??

He’s probably been embarrassed hitting the cone after getting on at you , at least him saying that’s not how to do it lightened the conversation up haha

Class1postie:
Sounds like my instructor after a passed my C+E. About to leave the test centre to head back to yard and he gave it the old “I’m driving back, I’ll show you how it’s done properly”, then proceeded to mount the kerb on first two roundabouts and have to emergency stop at the third as he was going too fast and didn’t pay attention to the cars already going round!!

Was a proper [zb]!

Yours wasn’t from Kent too were they??

Did he claim the roundabouts weren’t set up properly? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: