reversing camera

hi has anyone tried a wirelesss reversing camera on an artic?the ones ive seen on ebay say a range of 12meters or do they transmit further

We have them fitted to our trucks. The best I can say for them is they are a bit inconsistent and can suffer from interference from all sorts of things. When they work they are great, but one tip I used to go to we used to get a view out of the window of a crane on a dock just as we were reversing up to a bund wall of a storage tank. Another gave you a view from a wireless security camera looking at a gateway.
You get what you pay for and if its cheap then don’t be surprised if it’s duff.

often though of getting one my self to make job easier but on agency would be a pain to set up every day so didnt

I enquired about one at Maplins ,was told it would work ok and that some had been sold and as far as he knows they were ok. I did not want to risk it so I just bought the cheaper (57 quid) one it worked ok but you had to press button to switch it on rather than selecting rev.

I have never reversed into something in an artic, save your cash and be more careful :wink:

I think they are a bloody great idea. Not to stop you reversing into the building that you have already seen, but to stop you running over the ■■■■■■■ moron that just walked behind your tailer! Used to have one on an old truck, miss it badley and STILL look at the old spot on the dashboard expecting to see it there when reversing! :open_mouth:

RobRob:
I think they are a bloody great idea. Not to stop you reversing into the building that you have already seen, but to stop you running over the [zb] moron that just walked behind your tailer! Used to have one on an old truck, miss it badley and STILL look at the old spot on the dashboard expecting to see it there when reversing! :open_mouth:

Yes but if you miss that person then they will do it again, if you hit them then they will think twice :wink:

I feel totally lost without my reversing camera. They are a mandatory requirement when working for Tarmac and to be honest I think they are brilliant, they make life so much easier when connecting up to a silo and you can see the look on the face of the moron who is following you about 5 ft of the ■■■ end of the trailer, priceless when you just rest your foot on the brake pedal.