Reversing camera c+e

I wonder how long it will be before reversing camera,s are fitted by law to c+e trailers…personally Ive used them only on rigids class c with a second camera pointing at near side front blind spot .

I think it,s a matter of time before they are fitted as standard, come in handy when some bonehead walks into your blind spot when your reversing.don,t want to get blood on my truck :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

And when the stupid moped rider sits an inch off your back bumper :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: at least you know they are there!!!

The one on the rigid could be turned on when you were moving had night vision and a microphone built in ,never seen one fitted to c+e as yet watch this space. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

We have to use them on bulk powder tanks,quarries insist on them. Find it strange without one now.Youll get those coming on saying professional drivers dont need them, need them no, make life easier, definately.

I used to work at a place that ran a load of Bitumen tankers (amongst others) and part of the requirement for the site work was a rear facing camera. Only came on when reverse was engaged IIRC.

I think all trailers should have them, bloody handy when you’ve got the trained banksman guiding you back whilst standing in the middle of the trailer :unamused:

i got one on me 8 legger and the artic lads have them aswell like before wouldnt be without it now just awkward when plastered in mud lol. had one on me old lorry and drag when on mole valley was ideal for hitching up the drag never missed the pin made me look good in some laybys when other guys where watching !!

Was talking to a tipper driver today and the quarry he uses won,t let any wagon,s in without a camera.

His monitor was fitted to the sun visor!!! Awesome bit of kit. :laughing: :laughing:

We’ve got a unit and decker with a reversing camera fitted for a trial…

…Trouble is the trailer spends half of the week in Dublin, and the rest of the time parked up in our yard in Glasgow. I don’t think the unit has ever been hoooked up to that trailer at all.:question:D What a waste of time and money.