Reversing beepers

Turn 'em off when Drivers are asleep nearby. They’re not a legal requirement and most certainly shouldn’t be used between 23:00 and 07:00.

The amount of drivers reversing with the beepers in truckstops and MSA’s staggers me. I think this is on a par with shouting and blasting horns in truck stops, really ignorant.

No, it didn’t wake me personally up, just noticed it walking back from the shower this morning again. :wink:

ours do not have a switch , or stop when the lights are on so its a bit difficult :confused:
although i do not go in MSA,s

d4c24a:
ours do not have a switch , or stop when the lights are on so its a bit difficult :confused:

Presumably, you can’t reverse on restricted roads between 11pm and 7am then?

claretmatt:
Turn 'em off when Drivers are asleep nearby. They’re not a legal requirement and most certainly shouldn’t be used between 23:00 and 07:00.

The amount of drivers reversing with the beepers in truckstops and MSA’s staggers me. I think this is on a par with shouting and blasting horns in truck stops, really ignorant.

No, it didn’t wake me personally up, just noticed it walking back from the shower this morning again. :wink:

our new batch of trailers have beepers that dont turn off when the lights are on.

warburtons beepers are hard wired.

Select reverse deselect then select again within 3 seconds this mutes the automatic type thats usually fitted when theres no switch

commonrail:

Surely there must be a way of turning them off given the bread men start delivering in residential areas from 3am onwards, there would be all kinds of kick offs otherwise.

i`m talking about trailers…that are only used for inter-depot trunking

commonrail:

then defect it, and don’t take it out.

Cant turn the one off on my actros, reverse-neutral-reverse doesnt work either :wink:

I thought they legally had to be turned off after 11pm? (I think it was 11)

BUT, I’ve drove trucks with no switch, I’ve also drove trucks where I could turn them off, but the trailer ones still work - they’re usually that crappy sounding buzzer.

I don’t think they’re that much of a problem in residential areas anymore though, with double glazing and things.

Mine is never turned on, if they can’t hear the ■■■■■■ 450bhp Merc engine working it’s nuts off, can’t see a big arse artic reversing with hazards flashing, then I’m not really that worried if they never reproduce :laughing:

Ok, I know, blind people etc, but seriously, the chances of you reversing, a blind person passing, they’d know exactly where the bleeper was coming from, what it meant (and not that it meant it was safe to cross the road), nobody noticing etc are ■■■■■■’ slim

claretmatt:

d4c24a:

Why not? Do you think use of reversing beepers is illegal at night? Did some driver in an RDC waiting room tell you that?

Most of the vans we’ve had did have them fitted, but turning the lights on disabled them. As I’m someone who uses sidelights all the time (until it’s dark enough for dipped) I never knew mine had one till the boss drove it :laughing:

limeyphil:

commonrail:

i thought about rewiring it…but it`s not allowed :wink:

Roymondo:

claretmatt:

d4c24a:

Why not? Do you think use of reversing beepers is illegal at night? Did some driver in an RDC waiting room tell you that?

Roymondo. as a professional driver you should know what the legislation is. and clarematt is right. :wink:

commonrail:

limeyphil:

commonrail:

i thought about rewiring it…but it`s not allowed :wink:

snip the bloody wires. or take a hammer to the annoying little [zb].
who the [zb] needs them anyway? if someone can’t see a lorry reversing then they are either blind, or drive BMW. :laughing:

Can’t switch off my “caution, vehicle reversing” megaphone either. It makes me try to reverse as quickly as possible in MSA’s etc - which is why I then end up having to do it twice! That’s my excuse anyway…

limeyphil:
roymondo. as a professional driver you should know what the legislation is. and clarematt is right. :wink:

as a proffesional ■■■■■,you should know you`re never going to get off pre mod at this rate :unamused: :laughing:

limeyphil:
Roymondo. as a professional driver you should know what the legislation is. and clarematt is right. :wink:

:blush: Yes - brain fade on my part - The exemption for reversing beepers that I was remembering is only for the bit about sounding horns etc while stationary. :blush:

claretmatt:

d4c24a:

to be honest i would take no notice ,as its all emergency work with diggers breakers pumps gennys going
so the reversing bleeper will make little difference