Reversing beeper

Here’s a question for all you fine people… I know that between the hours of 11:30pm & 07:00 am it is an offence to sound your horn except in a emergency, but what about reversing beepers, more to the point the unit & trailer both have independent beepers, turning the lights on should turn off the beeper or an isolator switch.

So what if both fail■■?

Im after official legal standings on this matter please

So you can sound your horn willy nilly outside those hours? Don’t ever come near my house.

The beepers are wired up together, nearly every truck I’ve ever driven has a button to disable them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reversing alarms should only be used as per the hours stated by the op for the horn. Tractor units are normally switched off via a dedicated switch in the cab, trailer ones normally switch off when your lights are on. Really good trailer reverse alarms come back on when the rear fog are on.

Why are you after official legal standing on this? Have you just silently reversed over a hedgehog at 0040? Can just see the plod tutting holding their notebooks in front of a pancake while you trucknet the answer :laughing:

I always turn my off as a pull into a truck stop, especially when drivers have curtains shut ie the chances are they are sleeping.

Really annoys me when others don’t. People are sleeping with very little sound insulation…:turn the dam thing off!

Rowley010:
I always turn my off as a pull into a truck stop, especially when drivers have curtains shut ie the chances are they are sleeping.

Really annoys me when others don’t. People are sleeping with very little sound insulation…:turn the dam thing off!

Yes thats my view as well but my original question was…what if you cant ■■?

TheNewBoy:

Rowley010:

Yes thats my view as well but my original question was…what if you cant ■■?

What if you can’t? Simple, make sure you do it first time, from what I hear the louder the reversing beeper, the more shunts you need to get it where you want it to go.

I hate the [zb]ing things with a passion, whoever the sick ■■■■ that decided they should make the same noise as an alarm clock is he should have his face burned off.