Reversing and the basics

hi all, im a new-ish driver and have a job with a massive logistics company thats just changed name.

when iv been to some of the rdc`s (asda,morrison,nisa) iv noticed that yes it takes me sometime to get on the bays sometimes but tonight really took the pi** , i was at scunny nisa (that big place where the suntan kid and dungon master sit at the desk trying to look important) and i got it on the bay first time (was well happy with me self) but saw a stobarts driver making loads of shunts so i thought “must be new same as me, il go help him” so off i went, wont be doing that again, this ■■■■■■■■ had started to try get on a bay before me and was still at it 5 mins later, when i tryed to help him all i got was “been drivin these 15 years lad, dont need no whipper snapper tellin me what to do”

ok then il leave you to it, went and give me keys to the suntan kid and got back in me cab, oh and the clown did eventually get it on the bay after another 5 mins.

was a bit cheesed of because i know we all have days when we couldnt hit a cows ars* with a shovel but there was no need for what he said, please tell me that as my experiance grows my ego and attitude wont be my downfall, i love my new job and will do anything to help another driver thats in a pickle but tonight really has made me think “will i be like that, will i be that sad that i cant just swollow me pride and say cheers mate got me self well snarled up there”

n e way rant over, got a nice run to polstar at pershaw tonight, then up to knowsley printing press to see that nice little bird in the canteen ;~)

Cj

Don’t let it worry you.the majority of drivers would react opposite to mr knowall ,
i’ve been driving 33 years but still willing to listen to others and learn off it.
when you stop listening thats when you stop learning and become like that ■■■■■■■■ just a know it all. And if he has been at it 15 years how come it took him so many shunts,we all have a bad day now an then but oh dear he must be having a bad week.
They say theres one born everyday well he must have took a week lol

if he was that good he aint been driving for 15 years

You’re always going to come across a prat like that. 99% of drivers will go out of their way to help you or accept help if they want it and refuse politely if not. Well reasonably politely :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: it all depends on your definition.

Hi
take no notice of the ungratefull G*t i need all the help i can get sometimes you never know it might be me doing my normal 20 or so shunts :blush: keep going and good luck. :smiley:

Cjuk,
Mate, ignore the ■■■■■■.
I’m starting out and if I was struggling on reversing I’d love someone to come over and give me an hand.
So don’t give up offering to give an hand to someone struggling, as some day it might be me thats struggling and looking for a helping hand.

BL.

If i need a hand or should i say pair of eyes to watch me in then you will know about it coz i will shout “OI TED!!!” coz i call everyone ted “GIS AN AND YERE BACH!!!” coz im welsh and thats what i talk like Havent you ever watched twin town??
And if you ignore me well god elp ew innit!! coz then youd have 6’ 2" and 15 stone of welsh attitude to contend with :imp:

actually id prob just mutter under my breath and sulk a bit get out and look then get it in by myself :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you met a right one there I got in a muddle on the A47 pulled in the wrong garage first week out in an artic and need to back out on to main road I was happy to accept help off a fellow artic driver seeing me struggle he hopped in my cab and got it out for me great driver hope I meet him again sometime hes guaranteed to get a pint off me
so prooves they are not all bad you probably met a bad apple