Reversing and people helping

I’ve got my theory tests coming up soon, and really looking forward to the start of my driving course.
ive been looking on youtube at reversing techniques, looks daunting as a newbie, but it amazes me on how many people are posting videos online of “bad reversing” and drivers genuinely struggling.

Instead of giving a helping hand these individuals are just stood there filming on there smart phones!!

is this common these days because i for one would be put off even more with this kind of behavior followed by ramming someones iphone where the sun don’t shine!

:smiley:

I want to believe that the majority would rather help than just watch with smart phone to their face.

But the answer to it all is to learn how to reverse competently and that way it wont often happen (it always will from time to time!)

Dont worry about it - just get on with the learning and enjoy it.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one pete, i’m just waiting on my provisional coming through the post, then i can get the theory modules booked and get in for the assessment drive.

I think you just find that some people these days are just not helpful whatsoever, but soon change there tone when the boot is on the other foot.

If you can, forget the audience - just concentrate on what you’re doing. And if I see anyone walking very awkwardly I’ll know they’ve upset you!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Best ones are where the boss has parked his Bently or Ferrari right in the place you need to manoeuvre & you know they’re all looking out of the window waiting for you to hit it !

My advice when this happens is to reverse at speed & brake hard before pulling forward to straighten up all on full throttle, then get out, undo your curtains or open the back doors whilst pretending not to see the Expensive Motor. !!!

I know what you mean by people more interested in taking the p**s than helping most of them not got a clue what your trying to do but to be honest haven’t come across it that much, as already said ignore em and get on with what your doing it takes as long as it takes and its not easy.
Must say to be fair have had people help when reversing out of places 1 being Cosham used to do poundland shop there down a tiny back street in was ok but reversing out down a slope blind side onto the road between 2 lines of parked cars then reverse back thro traffic lights onto main road into oncoming traffic had people stop traffic and watch me round and back a few times so its not all bad

Jeff

I’ve only had this once lately. Banks man on a site wasn’t worth a toss and started throwing ■■■■■ through the window. So I backed across the entrance, got out have him the keys and told him to do it. So elf and safety winnet turned up he got told the same and the banks man ain’t there any more

Glad i started out before youtube.