REVERSING AN ARTIC

BondiTram:

DOLLY BLACK SHEEP:
try not to be nervous you’ll soon get the hang of it,were all still learning and will be until the day we retire

Great! Does this mean that I’ve passed now then??

Salut, David.

negative my friend your not qualified untill you have done a 15 hour stunt in a safeways QUEUE :laughing: :laughing: that will be your test

[/quote]
negative my friend your not qualified untill you have done a 15 hour stunt in a safeways QUEUE :laughing: :laughing: that will be your test
[/quote]

Been there, done that, well, Sainsbury, Leclerc, Auchan, Intermarche Rungis etc.
You obviously never queued on the Dock Road at Liverpool for days, never mind hours.

Best ‘gotcha’ I ever did in return was delivering roped and sheeted whisky to Liverpool docks in 1966. Got there late afternoon and didn’t expect, or want to get tipped but they were on some kind of bonus. It was customary to ‘pay for casual labour’ and I didn’t have change so they said go to the pub and get some whilst they made a start. Got in the pub just in time to see the start of a world cup game on telly so bought a pint (only polite when changing a note) and settled back. When it was over I strolled back to the dock to see some very hot and sweaty dockers throwing the last case off. Luvly jubbly!

Sorry, a bit off thread. But I did have to reverse it!

Salut, David.

Contact a local truck driving school and arrange for a refresher session of a few hours shunting with the benefit of expert advice. Sure it’ll cost a little but after such a long gap it’s money well spent for your own peace of mind and everyone’s safety.